Thread: Heavy condensation on supply lines

Post Likes
    I have a few past posts regarding my Goodman system and the fact that a contractor told me that my supply duct work was way to small for my system. Could the condensation be caused by this issue?

Post Likes
    Condensation is moisture (humidity) condensing on a cold surface (your ductwork.) The size of the system could be a contributing factor since an oversized system will not dehumidify properly.

If the ductwork is in a non-conditioned space such as an attic or crawlspace (at least here in Kentucky) it is a code requirement that the ductwork be insulated. If it is in conditioned space such as a basement (finished or unfinished) and you are getting the condensate on the duct, then the problem is probably related to either the size of the system or the airflow in the space. If inadequate return air is drawn from the space where the ductwork is located, then that air is probably not being subjected to any dehumidification during the process.

Take this for what it's worth. Have a 'second opinion' furnished by another (non-Goodman) contractor. He doesn't have to be a Goodman Dealer to be able to service the equipment.

Have them determine whether or not the system is 1) operating properly, and 2) is properly sized. The second item may require a load calculation be performed. (which should have been done before the system was installed.)

If the system is relatively new, then go back to the installing contractor and try to get them to do what is necessary to correct the problem. Good luck.

Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Undersized ducts ,can cause low air flow,that can cause colder temps in the ducts ,that can cause sweating .Not enough info to know from here.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the advise. I have someone else coming out next week to take a look.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in