Infinity Control - Program Fan Speed Help
    I just had a complete Infinity System installed in my home..I have mastered the Infinity control with the exception of programming the fan speed. I followed the directions in the manual..press schedule then fan button..then i am supposed to see a fan speed screen that i am supposed to be able to adjust the fan speed for each time period by using the time +/- button. When i press schedule then fan..nothing seems to happen..the standard program by day sceen comes up and when i hit the time +/- , the start time for the highlight period changes. Am i missing something?

First Programmable Fan option must be enabled, the factory default is off.

Second, you can not program the fan exactly as you describe. What you can do is program a different CONSTANT fan setting for each PROGRAM period. In other words, if you set up programmable periods you can select during that period to have the continuous fan setting to be different (low, med, hi or auto). During a call for heating or cooling, the fan will run what ever speed the particular call needs and go back to your setting after the call is satisfied. It will shut off for 5 minutes at the end of a cooling call to allow the coil to dry and then go back to your setting.

The tech explained to me what you said...When the Heat or AC is running, the fan speed is controlled by what the AC or heating system calls for automatically. The fan speed i want to control is to keep the air circulating in the house when the AC or Heat is not running. I have it on low any time that the AC is not running now...I just want to be able to turn it off during the work day when no one is home. Any drawbacks to using programmabale fan speeds? Just wondered why Carrier would set that option to off by default.

I will look for the prog fan speed setting in the techician setup portion of the Infinity control. I beleive it is accessed by holding advanced for 10 seconds or so...Any other factory default i should look for that may have been overlooked by tech setting up control.

It is left off by default because not everyone will want the option. For that reason I would not say the tech "overlooked" it but should have consulted with you on the options an set for your expectations. Enable the option and then program a schedule for the time of day you want the fan to be off and select "off" during that period. If you do not want the temps to change just set the set points the same as the other period. You are correct as how to access the advanced set up. Be careful of making other changes unless you fully understand how they will effect the system operation.

Thanks for your help...I will enable the prog fan option...One thing i dont understand...THe fan speed..low,med,high,auto is for all times except when the AC/heat isnt running...I understand what low,med,high do...What criteria has to be met to make the fans turn on in Auto..What exectly does "Auto" fan do?

Auto means the fan only runs during a call for heat or cool. The fan will run what ever speed is needed and be off if the unit is not calling for conditioning.