Confused

I went on a callback today for not enough a/c. The customer said that the air is fine in the morning,but in the afternoon it starts to get warm. The building is a steel warehouse and the office is over part of the warhouse. The office is 360sqft. There is 3 supply each are 8" and 3 retruns. 2) 6" and 1) 8". I checked the evp. coil,and blower speed. (blower is on high)
    200H, 78S, 64WB, 10SH, 86ODT, 12TD
    york
    evp.coil
    M:G2FD024H14A
    SS)EMJS26748
    heater
    M:P3DHA08N03701B
    SS)EKJM440342
    cond. unit
    M:H4DB018S06A
    S:WEKM019795
    I do have call into york, but I don't know when they will get back to me.I was thinking that the orifice might be the wrong size. The name plate says that it has a 061 orifice. If any one can help me find out what is going on here I would be very thankfull.

12 TD is not enough. What was the subcooling/liquid line temperature, what was the head temperature, and what was the indoor dry bulb temperature?

The building is a steel warehouse and the office is over part of the warhouse.

Why is there more supply then return. I am not all that familiar with York,but if I look at the model number I am assuming the 18 in the condensing unit means it is a ton and a half with the 24 in the coil meaning a 2 ton. Is this correct? Are the supplys and returns ran in rigid or flex? Even if the name plate saya that there is a .061 orrfice the installer could have changed it.

The duct work is flex. the indoor dry bulb 72. sc was 8

there is three supply runs and three returns

When they say that it starts to get warm is it because the humidity level is high or because the temperature is high?

If the 12 TD is an accurate measurement then I would first suspect that they simply have too much air flow. Too much air flow will cause a lack of dehumidification. The higher humidity level could be causing the discomfort even though the temperature is maintained. Adjust the blower to obtain a 19 TD and recheck/readjust the charge.

Another possibility may be that they did not insulate the office and there simply isn't enough cooling. First correct the TD then perhaps look in to the heat gain if the problem persists.

Did you happen to get a head temperature?

[Edited by sadlier on 06-11-2005 at 11:39 AM]

Wrong piston, and too much air for that 1.5 ton condenser.

Bet your not the first one out for this problem.

Check the piston, and put the right size in, then lower your blower speed.

When you say over part of the warehouse, you mean the office is enclosed in the warehouse.

Where you there in the morning, or afternoon.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

This office was an add on it and it is enclosed in the warehouse. They have insulate in the walls,celling, drop cell, and floor.When I was there it was around 10:00am. I did not think to find out he it was a temp. problem oe a humity. I do know that they have to use fans from hall way just so they can work. The temps. that i got from the high side where. 200psi 105 on the gauge, 97 on the line, and 8 sh. My company has had this account for along time. my company keep sendind the same tec. ever time when there was a problem and now that tec. is retired. So I guess I'm the lucky one now, But I will get it fixed it just might take some time.