Lennox HP-26 not cooling
    I have an 8yr. old Lennox HP-26-042 heat pump. When I turned it on this week it was not cooling. Checked it out as follows: The two diagnostic LED's are blinking normal. Inside unit is moving air and not freezing up. Claaned condensor coils. At ambient of 85 to 90 degrees F the high pressure is approx. 178psi; suction pressure is low at approx 25psi; temperature of pressure line out of the compressor is approx. 175 degrees F. I added some Freon 22 but pressures did not change. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? DO I NEED TO ADD MORE FREON? Thanks.

sounds like you have a restriction in the line
    keep adding freon and you will blow the compressor

Hi,
    first of all, where do you get those gausges? and who told you how to hook them up? (just kidding)
    you are obviously vary inexperinced at a/c cooling, and will need to understand things like, superheat, subcooling, etc, the unit should have charging charts inside it, good luck
    "I'm not going to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at my death"

I'll bet the farm I know what your problem is, as I had the same thing happen on a Lennox heat pump at work this week.

But I ain't gonna tell ya cuz I really think you need to call a pro. All I can say is I strongly agree with the restriction diagnosis. The kind that will consistently result in low suction, low head regardless of charge.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

So, it's the expansion valve is stopped up. right?