Plumbing for a water to water storage tank.

I have a climatemaster 6 ton water to water unit for our 3500 sq foot home. When it was first put in 5 years ago we didn't have a storage tank. (First time installer) So the compressor would trip the circuit breaker about once a month because of too much load. Also our electricity costs werereally high, because the compressor would run every time heat was called for. So, last year another company added a 120gallon storage tank. But I feel that they may have plumbed it wrong. The way it is plumbed now is the storage tank has two outlets on the bottom of the tank and one at the top. The bottom outlets have water to the compressor out of one, water to the house out of the other, and the outlet from the compressor and the return from the house go into the top of the tank. Is this correct? I would think that the hottest water should be at the top of the tank, and should go to the house, and the outlet to the compressor should come out of the bottom and the two inflows should go into the other bottom. I would appreciate any links for correct diagrams, or input.
    Thanks, Rod

water heater tank?
    load in goes to bottom of tank
    load out goes to cold inlet on top of the tank (i remove the dip tube)

house load out comes off hot outlet on top
    house load in goes to t at bottom of tank along with the load in of unit.

Post a few pictures and the model of the tank

A typical 120-gallon storage tank will have two 2" ports on the bottom of the tank, one 2" port on the top of the tank, and one 1" port for a pressure reducing (blow-off) valve. The Load In should be plumbed to the bottom port on the tank. The Load Out should be plumbed to the port just above the Load In..still towards the bottom of the tank. This completes the Load Loop. Nothing else should be plumbed to the Load Loop. The Source Out is taken from the 2" port on the top of the tank. The Source In is a little trickier. Usually a 120-gallon holding tank will have two anoid rods that are screwed to the top of the tank and extend internal the tank towards the bottom. Unscrew the two anoid rods (usually 3/4" NPT) and replace the anoid rods with two new dip tubes. Return the Source In to the two dip tubes. This will carry the Source In water to the bottom of the tank so that it does not short circuit with the Source Out water. Doing this gives you two separate and distinct loops in the tank for your Load water and Source water and it should work fine.

it has been my experience that the source in and load in can tie in at the same point at the bottom of any tank, least thats what ive been told on here and by climate master.

That will work fine piped that way but a 120 tank on 6 ton is overkill you are spending more to keep all that water warm. Standard rule of thumb is 6 to 10 gallons per ton.