Thread: PVC MOJO

Post Likes

Question

My PVC MOJO's not as good as I'd like.

What am I looking at on the left of this 90? Is that 2nd HX condensate leaving from the blower compartment area and going down to a floor drain? Is that an air break just above it or a caped clean out? Where is that clear tube going up out of the pic? I see a second PVC tight to the cabent tapping near the bottem of the cabent. Wait a min, that would be the 2nd HX, no?

Sorry that pics as good a view as I have on this VHS tape.

Post Likes

Cool

anybody?

Post Likes
    I have a feeling this is a trick question. But I'll play along for the moment.

The clear tube looks like the same tubing used on condensate pumps. Since it's coming from higher than the pictured equipment I have to assume it's from another system entirely. Immediately to the right of that is a vent. Presumably they put it there to vent after the furnace's internal p-trap. And of course the PVC appears to go into the furnace to drain the condensate from heater operation.

Troubleshooting by closed circuit televsion are we?

Post Likes

Talking No tricks

No tricks.

T-shoot by CCTV, yes. It's the new thing, I thought you knew. LOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in