Houston, we had a problem
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Houston, we had a problem

As you might have noticed, we had a forum hiccup this morning. IT is still working on it, but we did lose some content and there's quite a few cases where posts/threads that had been edited or deleted reverted back to original. We have considerable mess to clean up.

If you guys see anything that needs attention, please report it and we'll take care of it.

Thanks

K

I was thinking about asking if a reply I posted a few days ago had been removed for some reason. It seems to have completely dis-appeared. Could it be related?
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    I was thinking about asking if a reply I posted a few days ago had been removed for some reason. It seems to have completely dis-appeared. Could it be related?
    Probably, lost lots of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Probably, lost lots of stuff.
    Whew...thought you guys tossed me...you know, chair bound middle management type and all...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Oh no, big mess we're trying to clean up. Lusker's about to strain a vein in his brain.

There are three threads in this forum that have been neutered by the glitch. Is there any hope that all of the lost posts from the following threads can be restored? It would be a shame to have lost the posts in any of them.

Thanks.

Neutered threads:

// Please let me know if I should report them individually in some other way or if this post is enough to get the powers that be to restore them.

The database failed when I posted a response in the open chiller forum concerning an RTWA low diff press alarm. That thread is gone.

Good luck sorting it out. When I worked in IT I lost five servers and one was a major node for an alternative Internet nameserver. I say "I lost". The boxes were actually stolen from our server room. I hope the thieves knew what they were doing. They were running Sun Solaris 7.

Backups are your friend.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    As you might have noticed, we had a forum hiccup this morning. IT is still working on it, but we did lose some content and there's quite a few cases where posts/threads that had been edited or deleted reverted back to original. We have considerable mess to clean up.

If you guys see anything that needs attention, please report it and we'll take care of it.

Thanks

K
    Was wondering where the Dr. John vid went to......

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    There are three threads in this forum that have been neutered by the glitch. Is there any hope that all of the lost posts from the following threads can be restored? It would be a shame to have lost the posts in any of them.

Thanks.

Neutered threads:

// Please let me know if I should report them individually in some other way or if this post is enough to get the powers that be to restore them.
    Unless IT can recover the lost portion of the database, it isn't looking good.

Still don't know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Was wondering where the Dr. John vid went to......
    NOT THE DR. JOHN VIDEO!
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Sounds like we got a "melt down" going on. Must blame that on those Japanese chips you all got in your server I presume. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    NOT THE DR. JOHN VIDEO!

And now ladies and gentlemen by popular request and on LP vinyl no less.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Sounds like we got a "melt down" going on. Must blame that on those Japanese chips you all got in your server I presume. Thank you, thank you very much.
    It's Obama's fault, he hates forum people.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast