Thread: Im disappointed

I've had a lot of stress trying to determine if my Apollo SA3024 airhandler and RUUD UAKB 024JAZ were compatable and whether or not I needed to change the orifice in the airhandler.

Supposed "Tech" came to my house and was lost until after I mentioned the orifice issue and then ....yeah thats the problem. The .059 definately needs to be changed to .057.

I called the parts dept today where my units were purchased and the young girl said thats simple and went to the ARI website and the coil in the Apollo airhandler made by Advanced Distributor Products HA02224+TD is rated at 10 Seer when matched to the RUUD UAKB 024JAZ. She says she has never had anybody order a replacement orifice??

I guess it confirms what they say about opinions and maybe I just have a noisy compressor that needs to be replaced. That probably happens sometimes.

Still plan to evac the system, vacuum to 500 microns and recharge.

results later.

What problems are you having? The difference between a .057 and a .059 piston are so neglegible I don't see it causing an issue.

By the way, call Rheem/Ruud manufacturing and see what they say about that combination being compatible.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    What is the temperature drop across the coil,in cooling?If it's high,could be low air flow

All the hot water air handlers ,I've seen ,don't have much available Static,when a cooling coil is added they often have very low cfms(air flow),which can lead to liquid returning to the compressor.

No comment, I'm just glad to be going back to work.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Maybe we should have asked this question earlier. Are you the contractor, installer, or homeowner?

http://www.ceehvacdirectory.org go to this site and type away it will tell you if it's a ari match

Hmmmm!! Hey Mike you know they have some fine ladys down at
    the beach this time of year.

You really should take a ride and give those poor fellows that put your ac in a rest.

Originally posted by duct dr
    Maybe we should have asked this question earlier. Are you the contractor, installer, or homeowner?
    Can he choose two?

Nevermind, forget I asked. I'll go back to watching the storm, this one is gonna show up in my front yard.