Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    That's one of the few things I've always hated about high efficiency Tranes: Those silly, not-well-thought-out top designs that restrict the air flow & deflect hot air on any nearby condensers - probably one of the reasons they never really get to the 19SEER they advertise on the model name (XL19i?).

The duct board looks good - some people buy into the myth that anything NOT metal is crap, which is simply not true & the way some people on this forum like to think they're better than everyone else here when they're even bigger hacks than those of us who do use something other than metal. Don't take offense to it.
    Special Ed - Thank you very much sir , may I shake your hand?! Finally someone who knows a good FL job when they see it. You are precisely correct with that post. You know , a lot of guys are from "up north" and thats all they know. I myself have seen ductboard jobs 30 years old that were still beautiful , there is a skill and know how with fiberglass just like metal. Would those folks condem a fiberglass boat and say it should be metal as well?? And YES YES YES sheet metal ducts rust out like a china iron in FL coastal. They do not know about how duct board is highly acoustic , high R-value , resistance to condensation , versatility of installation , job site fabrication , light weight , and conserving the earths resources. Dont get me wrong I like metal as well , and have fab'ed and installed plenty of it. But it is not the [I]ONLY[I]choice.

Those were XL19i's. Ya the top is cheesy. But its really not a big deal. Even on the hottest days , the discharge air temp off the condenser is not that hot. Were not talking about a 1978 Luxaire that ran a 300 head on a cool day.

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutionsllc View Post
    Looks great!
    Thanks a million! Appreciate that comment.

looks nice. I agree condensate should be trapped.. Especially upflows..

Nice copper work, well laid out line sets

Like to see someone that can use a set of benders.
    Where did you say those traps were?
    And about the coastal excuse for using ductboard, not buying that at all.
    BTW, had one of the big FL contractors do a job in a big house here, steam humidifier in the attic of a $3M home without even a drain pan-right.
    It does look nice though. I think the pics of ODU is deceiving and clearance may be better than it looks.

Thank you all much for the comments!~

The 3/4" sch 40 pvc drain lines were slabbed in by us before concrete pour. They go down below the platform , run horizontal to outside the home , and rise up with double 90 turn downs just outside the house. Common practice there. And so they are both trapped.

No excuse needed for using ductboard. It is simply a craft that is employed in that region. When done right it is as nice as anything else.

Yes clearance is better than the picture portrays.

Thanks again guys.

I typed the 1st line wrong, I think it may be mis-understood, "I like" would be better.
    Ductwork aside, I think, no, I know you will have trouble with your "trap". Well you may not in your warranty period, but later down the road someone else will.
    What is par for the course in your area doesn't necessarily make it the best, or even the better way.
    Jus' sayin'.

You know Stamas , you are correct about problems with that drain line configuration , IF there is no maitenance performed. Any air conditioning system will have problems as such. We developed a simple PM technique to keep that line trouble free : Annual PM for drain flush with water hose (pressure) from inside out to clear algae , and add a cup of bleach to tee in line outside of AHU cabinet. Also if the homeowner is willing , have them add a cup per month during the cooling season. That combined with drain pan cleanings will prevent any condensate issues. They are a regular customer.

Our systems performed well and were reliable thank you.

If you would like to discuss regional techniques and materials usage , I would be happy to listen to what you have to say , move to PRO section of course.

Late viewer here. Looks great AiResearch! Great attention to detail!

Are the A/H in a garage?

Thank you very much chuck for the kind words!~

Yes they are in the garage.

The customer ended up wanting the filters in the AHU's , for easier maitenance , which we do not prefer b/c of less surface area and more restriction , especially with pleated.

We had them set up with filter grill returns in the ceiling , multiple grills for each system. The 5 ton had two 20 x 30 (grill size) ductboard ceiling boxes with a 16" sheetmetal round on each going back to the return plenum.

I hope you're 200% certain there are no air leaks. A car running for less than a minute can put deadly levels of CO into the air near that equipment. It would be bad for someone to hit that ductwork with something and cause an air leak.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast