Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Florida light commercial installation

Basic 7.5 ton , 2 stage cooling , dual circuit. Anyone like?Name:  Picture 095.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  33.7 KB

Name:  Picture 091.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  33.2 KB

Name:  Picture 096.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  29.7 KB

Name:  Picture 097.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  22.5 KB

Name:  Picture 099.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  34.3 KB

Name:  Picture 093.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  22.2 KB

Name:  Picture 092.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  25.9 KB

theres no way 7 tons is gonna go through that transistion correctly.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

The duct system was short , thru wall and turn with trunkline and sidewalls for open room , it was sized for a .1 static and the airflow was quite good without being noisy , actually. That air handler will do much pressure that that. What can I say it was a budget job but we always put craftsmanship in.

why not sheet metal? budget job is no excuse..If you are just he installer then I know you dont make those decisions. but if you are the one making them then why not quote for proper duct work? Using quack board in commercial application is not acceptable to me.

"its up to code" is not an acceptable answer

Does the condensation and refrigerant lines run threw the R/A??

Well , at the time , we were hungry (family business) and a job taken with less profit is better than sitting at the shop sweeping the floor. Duct board , when applied and constructed properly , is a fine material , it has very good acoustic qualities , can be fabricated at the jobsite , is highly resistant to condensation on the exterior , and in my experience , with the new boards , very little glass fibers make their way out the grills. When static pressure and velocity are kept moderate , duct board is fine. Also , air conditioning materials used on jobs are highly regional. Condensate and refrigerant lines were in the R/A , they were also isolated with a simple metal chase. Thank you for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    why not sheet metal? budget job is no excuse..If you are just he installer then I know you don't make those decisions. but if you are the one making them then why not quote for proper duct work? Using quack board in commercial application is not acceptable to me.

"its up to code" is not an acceptable answer

Does the condensation and refrigerant lines run threw the R/A??
    Using quack board in commercial application is not acceptable to me

I know allot of you guys are sheet metal only guy however in Florida especially south Florida metal unfortunately dose not exist as it dose in the rest of the country.

They do some spiral round work out here and some pre fabed stuff but the shops down here aren't even equipped to work on sheet metal.

We just do not use metal down here like the rest of the country. They even use fiberglass turning vanes in the fiberglass duct work.
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

chrishvacman - you know , your right. Having been born and raised in east central FL , I can tell you that metal is mostly used in large commercial (hospitals , schools , office buildings) and industrial. Resi and retail is ductboard and flex. People also need to remember that FL has extremely high humidity and everything seems to sweat. So fiberglass duct makes sense. Money probly has a lot to do with it as well.

I hope theres vanes in that elbow. Doesn't look like it from here.
    Doesn't look like the duct is mechanically fastened to the unit either.... just taped.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

No vanes on that one. You guys are tough crowd !! The airflow was smooth and nice being that it was a short duct system with low pressure.

Maybe if I submit another wall of pride someday it will be more up to par for this section.

Quote Originally Posted by AiResearch View Post
    Maybe if I submit another wall of pride someday it will be more up to par for this section.
    Sorry did not mean to bash you personally...was being gumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    Sorry did not mean to bash you personally...was being gumpy.
    Next time use a red wire nut!!! No problem , if you cant take a critique , then dont post on wall of pride rite.

personall i don't use ductboard but to each his own looks clean. the only thing i don't get is the sightglasses on the inside.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast