Blower for A/C acting strange

Cool

I have a 20 yr old RUUD A/C system. The unit outside works fine. Inside the Blower works great when the temperature in the house is over 70 or so. But at night we turn it down a little to 68 and evenutally the blower's output decreases dramatically. Air still comes out of the vents but it is 75% less than it usually is. Also the line coming in from the house from the condenser gets iced up. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I replaced the filter recently and that hasn't helped.

Originally posted by jaylen12
    Air still comes out of the vents but it is 75% less than it usually is. Also the line coming in from the house from the condenser gets iced up.
    Restriction or undercharged system. If the system is undercharged that means you have a leak. In either case, it is time to call a professional.

Depending on where you are in the country (humid or dry), and the nighttime outdoor temperature, it may be caused by a mixture of turning it down too low, and running it at night. I'm in a dry climate, and 99% of the time, an AC will freeze if set at 68%. Why not save the energy and open windows at night?