I knew this was complicated, but... !
    I've about convinced myself to do the HVAC-Calc calculation, but, as has been mention a time or two or 100 times... GET A GOOD INSTALLER!
    Can anyone help with a lead (or more) in the Loganville/Snellville, Georgia area? (Northeast suburban Atlanta - Gwinnett county)
    Thanks,
    Dob

[Edited by dob on 06-09-2005 at 06:01 PM]

Shumate

Thanks!

They are on my list, thanks for "validating".
    Dob

Give Greg Golden at Estes a call- (404)569-7301. I have used Greg and Estes for two high-end jobs in the last year with pretty good results. One was my condo, the other was the condo association's clubhouse.

I haven't used Shumate, but they have a decent reputation from what I know. I got a bid from Swift Tyler on the same two jobs. I ended up going with Estes more because I decided I wanted a Carrier Infinity systems; Shumate deals mostly in Lennox.

I have also used Moncrief for service, and was generally satisfied. Moncrief has a reputation for being expensive, but I've never seen one of their installs to know if they are so much better as to justify the extra cost. I got a bid from them on these jobs, but frankly just didn't find their salesman as personable as Greg or Swift.

Don't forget to ask about and consider dual fuel and/or pure electric heat pumps. Gas heat isn't such a great deal in this area anymore.

[Edited by wyounger on 06-09-2005 at 01:44 PM]

Thanks!

Greg will be here Saturday at 2pm...
    'preciate it
    They were also on my short list... my instincts must be decent.

metro atlanta referral

Pleased with Estes installation of Amana dual fuel system after interviewing 11 contractors in metro Atlanta.

Few will do a load calc; Estes did not because I did my own. Be careful not to be talked into oversizing. Dual fuel is great in Atlanta; lower electric rates in winter.

Choose Amana quality over Carrier even if contractor can make more $ on Carrier. Estes now has own brand; made by same mfg. as Amana, they told me.

Snellville HVAC should be on your list too. They started small and are fair size now. Point is, I am all over Atlanta and haven't heard anything bad... that's good.

Thanks!

Thanks Lusker, I actually have a friend that works over there and he is not all that impressed with them... I get the impression they're not bad, just not great.

Saw them in my subdivision last week Polo in Cumming.

Sometimes when you know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy because he knows a guy... and you really need something done... all you know is, you don't know anyone!