today working on a txv in a walk-in cooler with pump down solenoid valve and txv.
    solenoid valve opens and r-22 flows to the valve but nothing thru it, is this normal?
    could it be a bad power head? if so, how do i check. or could it be a bad txv valve.?
    thanks

What you do is pump er down and check the inlet screen on the TXV.
    Also, it could be a bad power head.

First the screen then the powerhead.

Your on the right track thus far. Keep it simple.

You could also put the txv bulb in a cup of hot water and see if it opens up.

upon furtherinvestigation i found that the cap tube wore through on the power head. would that keep the r-22 from flowing?

i did check the inlet screen when i diesected it. the screen was clean. also id used a lighter to haet the bulb while i had the power head off. would i see that little disk looking plate move? iwould imagine so. or do i have to cool it to see it move??

Originally posted by 357
    upon furtherinvestigation i found that the cap tube wore through on the power head. would that keep the r-22 from flowing?
    Yes, now there is no opening force

I just read your follow up question. I suggest you get some info from Sporlan on how txv's operate.

10-4 to that. just have not had to get involved with txv's b-4. with this site it has been helpfull. i have determined that it is a bad power head due to the rub through on the cap tube. thanx again.