Hey guys,

I have a robinair vacumaster 4 cfm vacuum pump that will not start (it just hums). Have any of you had any success repairing your vacuum pumps? Is it worth it, or is it chepaer to buy a new one?

Also if you know a good place to get parts let me know! THanks

You probably got into some sealer in a system you vacuumed just toss it and buy a new one along with a sealer detector kit.

Originally posted by hivacer
    Hey guys,

I have a robinair vacumaster 4 cfm vacuum pump that will not start (it just hums). Have any of you had any success repairing your vacuum pumps? Is it worth it, or is it chepaer to buy a new one?

Also if you know a good place to get parts let me know! THanks

Rocky Mountain CFC Equipment Service, Inc.
    Denver, Colo. 303-287-2607, 800-626-3266.

They just did a 10 CFM Robinair for me and have doen soem of the 4&5 in the past, pretty reasonable and a quick turn around.

They also have rebuilt pumps for sale.

AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Wink

If it has a coupling pull it and see if the motor starts. if so you know its in the pump. If it still hums it in the motor bad starting switch, Starting cap or starting windings. I got a 6 cfm Yellow jacket pump off of ebay bad coupling new oil runs like a camp.
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

I had a brand new vacumaster refuse to pull vacuum. Tore it down and reset clearance on the rotors. These things are actually pretty easy to tear down and fix. Just make sure you clean all the parts really well and work in a clean work space.