Thread: Rheem part?

I was called to a rheem mod.# RGLD-100A-AA. The schematic is no longer available at the homeowner's. There was a control attached to the blower housing I didn't recognize. It has a 110v neautral and 110v hot connected to it, {the hot comes from downstream of the fan control}. It also has 24v wires coming from each side of the coil on the combination gas valve. I will be gaining access to an online rheem work site, but not for a couple more days. Anyone know what the control could be? I would like to solve this question this week. Thank-you.

Thumbs up RGLD 100

From your description it may be one of two controls. A time delay relay (42-22325-02) or a HAL limit (47-21663-01).

Good luck...

ruud; If I had to guess I would say it was the time delay. If so what is the purpose of the timing? Thank-you.

RGLD

The TD is a N.O. "on delay make" that is in parallel with the fan temp switch.

Looks like it brings the blower on after a certain delay even though the fan switch has not made.

It was an option on downflow furnaces.

ruud; That answers my question, thanks. It is a downflow like you said. One more question if you don't mind, why would they put the relay on the blower versus anywhere else?

Talking RGLD

Beats me....