New Geo Thermo Envrionmental issue?

For those of you with experience with geo thermal systems;

Have any of you read or heard the about new envronmental issues that are apparently starting to be looked at regarding how the thermal change to the soil is potentially causing a chemical change to the GEO well surrounding soil and leading to possible leaching / pollution issues?

From what I have heard, there may be some future design changes comming relating to ground water containmation exposure.

From what I understand, it isn't about the GEO loop coolant contaminating the well's soil, it is about how the change in soil chemistry is allowing the potential leaching of undesirable chemicals, already in the soil, to become free to permeate down into, and contanminate sub surface water aquifers.

I would have not even tought about how heating up the soil could have had this potential effect, guess thats why I am not a dirt technician.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Down the road EPA might require casings be put it. Yes no maybe ?

Geo Thermo Casings??

I am just starting to do my research in this issue. I wonder how effective the
    geo loop thermal disapation would be if we had to put in casings??

Wonder if we would loose the financial benefits that make GEO successful today, when you look at the increased Geo loop size requirement (due to loss of heat transfer from the casing) and the added cost of the casings.

Makes my bunns pucker for going forward with geo systems, I do not want to end up a "superfund" clean up site on the internet.

Hope the industry figures this issue out in a good way.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Casings on a vertical loop?

Sounds like the air source guys have a lobbyist whose willing to use some dirty tactics. i can't imagine casings would solve anything because in order for the vertical loops to work, they would still have to be able to move heat into or out of the earth. Being a solid conductor, thier R-value is minimal. And with the use of thermally enhanced gouts, the only thing a casing would do is keep grout out of underground streams and help with blowouts.
    Its hard to not have an environmental impact in some capacity when trying to heat and cool a home, so either we cutdown trees and burn them, drill for oil and burn it, or we settle for the greenest technology available with the least impact.