Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I guess a prophet's never popular in his own country!
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=759302
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Reguardless of what you think about his prophecies he is a good source on what is going on in the ME. Got Islam down cold. Enjoy hearing his analysis and news on the ME. Thank you, thank you very much
    I can't get past the hair. It's amazing that the man can get all worked up and his hair never moves.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Interesting topic for discussion...

I believe that just before Christ died, he said, "It is finished"...
    GA may have it right. Some/most Christians believe that Jesus was the last prophet until the end of time.

As far as see-ers, psychic's. clairvoyant's whatever you want to call them, there have been many.

NOSTRADAMUS

Edgar Cayce

Jean Dixon (she got us once)

Each one of these have predicted something that came true in their future.
    Whether you believe this was just a case of Statistical Data Analysis or not is up to you.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Here is something to ponder:

I (yeah, me) experienced a crash in home mortgages in the Houston Texas area in the 1980's... so I know the signs of it coming.

I started telling folks it was going to happen back around 2002 or 2003. Nobody listened to me, they all thought RE prices would go up forever.

Am I a prophet?

Seriously.... lets talk about this for a minute... Is GA-Tech a prophet?
    (BTW: I do have a point I am heading towards).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Here is something to ponder:

I (yeah, me) experienced a crash in home mortgages in the Houston Texas area in the 1980's... so I know the signs of it coming.

I started telling folks it was going to happen back around 2002 or 2003. Nobody listened to me, they all thought RE prices would go up forever.

Am I a prophet?

Seriously.... lets talk about this for a minute... Is GA-Tech a prophet?
    (BTW: I do have a point I am heading towards).
    Ok O Great one spill the beans.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Ok O Great one spill the beans.
    Naaah, not without some discussion...

Oh, and please do not put me on that pedestal... I tend to fall off...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I could predict these tragedies like Japan/9-11 etc. are going to become more of a day to day occurrence, am I a prophet?
    No, that doesn't make you a prophet. Those things in general were revealed to take place at the end of times by Jesus, so He beat you to it.

Interesting topic for discussion...

I believe that just before Christ died, he said, "It is finished"... At that moment there was an earthquake, total darkness in the middle of the day, and the 75 ft tall curtain separating God's place from the public place in the temple was torn from the top to the bottom (miracle IMO that all this happened at a specific moment).

This was God's way of saying the barrier between mankind having open fellowship with God was now open again, as what Christ did on the cross resolved an issue.

So how do we relate this to prophesy: All one needs is to honestly seek an open and real relationship with God... and God will lead the one to understand all they need to... To rest in living by faith (as St Paul suggested repeatedly in his writings in the New Testament), is where the peace and joy of the Christian life comes from.

Do I need to worry about the end times? Well IMO no... I believe the same God that created the heavens and the earth, that did the flood thing and the Noah thing, that parted the Red Sea, who crashed the walls of Jericho, that strengthened David to kill a lion and a bear with his hands... as well as Goliath, who grew flesh on dry bones, and who raised Christ from the dead... Has the ability to take care of His kids... and ALL of us Christians are His kids. To me, it is simply a promise God WILL keep... and I will bet my life on it.

Does this help?
    Hooyah....

Quote Originally Posted by countryhick View Post
    The way I see it is, for every prophecy ever made, we have an idiot who will do his best to make it come true..........
    I'm with you on this one. Not just one idiot, but all of the idiots who believe in these so called prophesies start seeing the prophecy coming true in every day events. This is pretty much what has driven the whole global warming scare until everyone stopped and actually looked at the data and realized it wasn't proving a thing.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    GA may have it right. Some/most Christians believe that Jesus was the last prophet until the end of time.

As far as see-ers, psychic's. clairvoyant's whatever you want to call them, there have been many.

NOSTRADAMUS

Edgar Cayce

Jean Dixon (she got us once)

Each one of these have predicted something that came true in their future.
    Whether you believe this was just a case of Statistical Data Analysis or not is up to you.
    Jesus was not a prophet. That is what Muslim's want us to believe.

God cannot be considered a prophet of Himself, and Jesus was spiritually God. Prophet's convey what God tells them to convey, when Jesus spoke as God, God was conveying to the people directly.[quote]Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on, you know him, and have seen him."
    Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."
    Jesus said to him,
    "Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How do you say, 'Show us the Father?' Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; or else believe me for the very works' sake. Most certainly I tell you, he who believes in me, the works that I do, he will do also; and he will do greater works than these, because I am going to my Father. Whatever you will ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you will ask anything in my name, I will do it.

John 14:5-14[/quote

Well said Robin...

You know your scripture... and God has rewarded you with an understanding of it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Jesus was not a prophet. That is what Muslim's want us to believe. God cannot be considered a prophet of Himself[/quote
    Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken.

"Prophet's convey what God tells them to convey".

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

We should not negate the word of God because Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet. For He was a prophet. Not just a prophet though, but Thee Prophet the one that would come to save Jacob from their sins.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken.

"Prophet's convey what God tells them to convey".

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

We should not negate the word of God because Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet. For He was a prophet. Not just a prophet though, but Thee Prophet the one that would come to save Jacob from their sins.
    Because Jesus was fully man "and" fully God, when Jesus spoke prophetically, He was speaking of Himself, but in His human voice. This cannot be an easy thing to be able to understand or determine in each instance.

Only if Jesus were not God could Jesus be just a prophet, as the Muslims are taught.

Jesus being a prophet is being taught by some such as Ernest Martins and Gary Arvidson, and for all I know, they may be right and the majority of Christian scholars wrong. However, we should be careful of diminishing Jesus's authority as God. Jesus is who the prophets heard and spoke of. Whenever it seems that Jesus is acting as a prophet, remember that He was a man, but even speaking as a Son of Man, He was speaking with the authourity of the Son of God.

Here is a site that claims that Jesus "was" a prophet; http://www.angelfire.com/nt/theology/mk06-01.html It is based on scripture that you are citing. Now, here is a most contradictory quote from that site;
    Jesus was that prophet. He spoke the words of the Lord in a way that no prophet had ever done. He did not merely say, “Thus saith the Lord.” He often said, “I Myself say unto you.” He spoke on the basis of His own authority as well as on the authority of the Father.
    This line first claims that Jesus "was" the prophet mentioned by Moses, yet also claime that Jesus spoke as God. If a prophet is someone who tells us what God wants us to know, how can God be a prophet for Himself? Even though Jesus, the Son of Man and Jesus, the Son of God were one and the same, one "was" human and one "Is" spiritual.

Please notice my emphasis on "was" and "Is". God "is". Jesus "Is" God.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast