Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Because Jesus was fully man "and" fully God, when Jesus spoke prophetically, He was speaking of Himself, but in His human voice. This cannot be an easy thing to be able to understand or determine in each instance.

Only if Jesus were not God could Jesus be just a prophet, as the Muslims are taught.

Jesus being a prophet is being taught by some such as Ernest Martins and Gary Arvidson, and for all I know, they may be right and the majority of Christian scholars wrong. However, we should be careful of diminishing Jesus's authority as God. Jesus is who the prophets heard and spoke of. Whenever it seems that Jesus is acting as a prophet, remember that He was a man, but even speaking as a Son of Man, He was speaking with the authourity of the Son of God.

Here is a site that claims that Jesus "was" a prophet; http://www.angelfire.com/nt/theology/mk06-01.html It is based on scripture that you are citing. Now, here is a most contradictory quote from that site; This line first claims that Jesus "was" the prophet mentioned by Moses, yet also claime that Jesus spoke as God. If a prophet is someone who tells us what God wants us to know, how can God be a prophet for Himself? Even though Jesus, the Son of Man and Jesus, the Son of God were one and the same, one "was" human and one "Is" spiritual.

Please notice my emphasis on "was" and "Is". God "is". Jesus "Is" God.
    Good post Robin!

I think where folks get confused in this discussion is understanding 'Spirit'. The essence of a person (human) is not in their physical body... rather in their spirit. Dr Bill Gillham, founder of Lifetime Guarantee Ministries, says it this way: We are Spirit critters, that relate through a soul, and temporarily live in a bio-degradable earthsuit. When one sees their body as a temporary residence (and obviously one lives LONG after the body quits), they get a 'broader' picture of things.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Monty's take on things!

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Good post Robin!

I think where folks get confused in this discussion is understanding 'Spirit'. The essence of a person (human) is not in their physical body... rather in their spirit. Dr Bill Gillham, founder of Lifetime Guarantee Ministries, says it this way: We are Spirit critters, that relate through a soul, and temporarily live in a bio-degradable earthsuit. When one sees their body as a temporary residence (and obviously one lives LONG after the body quits), they get a 'broader' picture of things.
    Of all TV evangelists, Billy Graham may be the only one I've come to trust as to not being tainted more by evil then inspired by God. I've never heard that particular thought from Reverend Graham, but it certainly coincides with my often repeated thought that we are spiritual beings on a temporary mortal journey.

I don't profess to fully understand spirituallity or how God works through living, mortal beings. I can even even understand the Eastern and American Indian philosophies of all animals being spiritual beings. I suppose if that is true, and I tend to believe it is more so then not, the difference between man and other animals is free will. Even then, we do not have complete free will in the respect that we also react to instinct, just as other animals do.

OK, I rambled...sorry. The point is that I agree with Billy Graham that we are foremost spiritual beings. It only makes sense that a mortal being, being a temporary thing, cannot be all that we are but rather a temporary form in which we as spiritual beings must function. For what perverse reason, God only knows (tongue planted firmly in cheek).
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by can2man View Post
    Monty's take on things!

There is usually truth in humor. A lot of religions that pop up, and some that really take off are based on not much more then a singular passage from scripture that is often times completely misunderstood.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234