Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Correct problems and compressor runs fine or is this a condition that destroys the compressor in short order???

What size line set ? If it is 3/8" instead of 1/4" there could ne too much liquid in the system.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

I seriously doubt there is any long term damage done, The problem is you are lacking capacity and efficiency on top of a noise issue. If it were way overcharged it would be dead.

3/4 by 3/8 line set with very slight kink in the 3/4 line right where it enters foundation.

At noon today the register air was about 16 degrees cooler than room temp. This evening the register air is only about 10 degrees cooler than room air?? I dont understand this??

are you comfortable?

Was it off during the day? (if so, that may explain the low temperature drop).

Its been set on 72 all day. Its ran a total of 6.5 hrs since midnight last night.

6.5 hours since midnight and it was warm and humid all day. I dont see much problem. I dont kow what part of VA your in but the Richmond weather says its still 89 degrees with 71% RH, assuming your close to Richmond it sounds like its working fine, I bet its a little quieter than yesterday too. (still overcharged but the fact it didnt reach 95 has an effect).

Im in Chesapeake just next door to Va Beach.

I will add that I noticed yesterday after we evacuated, vacuumed to 350microns...while charging I noticed the compressor ran really quiet for a while before it started getting loud again.

Originally posted by mikeinva
    Im in Chesapeake just next door to Va Beach.

I will add that I noticed yesterday after we evacuated, vacuumed to 350microns...while charging I noticed the compressor ran really quiet for a while before it started getting loud again.
    After reading all your posts one thing just doesn't make sense. Why is it that you always say we, where most would say he? (We evacuated, we are going to change the piston) If you actually bought this from a dealer and they installed it, wait until HE fixes it. I can only imagine what they are going through dealing with you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12