The Sequel to the Hiroshima Campaign - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    just saw that they are planning on dumping boric acid and sea water in to the reactor. so much for ever getting it back up and running.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

I agree that nuclear power is the best solution for our power needs. However, we are strapping the next generations beyond our imaginations with a toxic substance. That is a fact. I think we can never stop trying to find a solution for it's proper disposal. I hope we find such a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by can2man View Post
    I agree that nuclear power is the best solution for our power needs. However, we are strapping the next generations beyond our imaginations with a toxic substance. That is a fact. I think we can never stop trying to find a solution for it's proper disposal. I hope we find such a solution.
    The technical solution is not a problem. The actual problem is a political problem (What is proper?).

We seem to have a plethora of political problems today: Nuclear, global warming, oil drilling, CO2, Ozone hole (haven't heard much about that one lately...Hmmmm, etc.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

[QUOTE=lynn comstock;9637812]The technical solution is not a problem. The actual problem is a political problem (What is proper?).

We seem to have a plethora of political problems today: Nuclear, global warming, oil drilling, CO2, Ozone hole (haven't heard much about that one lately...Hmmmm, etc.[/QUOT

Nuclear waste takes half a million years to become inert. This is a huge responsibility we are passing onto our children. I think it is the best power source but what do they think?
    I don't know.

Natural is good.
    Radioactivity is as natural as wind and sunlight.
    Therefore radioactivity is good.

Radioactive stuff comes out of the ground where it has been for billions of years.
    Radioactive leftovers can go back underground where the stuff came from.
    No one is planning to park it in anyone's living room.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

I have no idea what they are going to do with all that contaminated sea water. But really, there is no choice. If the reactors blow their tops, the near by landscape will be unhabitable, much like Chernobyl. What do you do with all those people? They only have so much room to live.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by can2man View Post
    Just dump it in Oklahoma. Nobody will ever notice.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12