About every 50 startups my Goodman air condition compressor will clunk really loud, it is 15 years old. I had it serviced last year and the guy put a capacitor on thinking it to help start up. It still does it occasionally, could the compressor be getting slugged some how, contacts going bad at the relay for the compressor, or is the compressor going bad in general.I was told that the internals are Standard AC parts. Any good suggestions or comments would be welcomed.

Yep! Standard ole parts in that unit. Could be low voltage at times, could be short cycle starts, could be the compressor is going up.

Not a lot you can do about the low voltage other then maybe having a hard start capacitor installed, which may be what you are referring to.

If you suspect the unit is shutting down and trying to restart within 5 minutes of the shutdown you might want to invest in a time delay relay.

It seems to me that if the compressor were going bad it would be noisy every time. Megging out the compressor terminals to ground will tell you if the compressor windings are loosing their insulative protection.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV