Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I read the FAQ on the WSPQ (World's Smallest Political Quiz) and they show that it is not biased.

http://www.server.theadvocates.org/quiz-faq.html
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

...maybe a bit more Fundamentalist than your average Libertarian...

(The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Couldn't get the image to come up but here are the results...close to the last test:
    ec=2.50&soc=0.62

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    That site is a bit too simplistic. I find that this one is far better- even though it takes about 4 minutes to answer the questions.
    From the FAQ for the WSPQ:

Why just 10 questions? Wouldn't more questions produce more accurate scores? Wouldn't longer questions, with more details, be better?

We chose 10 questions -- 10 very short ones -- because the Quiz is designed to fit on a business-card-sized handout. (Remember, it's called the "World's SMALLEST Political Quiz.") And we also want the Quiz to be easy, fast, and fun. Too many questions, or too many words, would get in the way of that.

When we put the Quiz on the Web in 1996, we wanted to keep the same questions and wording, in part because the short wording keeps the Quiz fast and easy, and in part to remain consistent with the popular print version.

We've tried tests with larger numbers of questions, and haven't found any more accuracy using them. The 10 questions seem to be enough to pinpoint most people's political leanings -- and that's enough for the purposes of the Quiz.

http://www.server.theadvocates.org/quiz-faq.html#faq05
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Libertarian, one square left of centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    From the FAQ for the WSPQ:

Why just 10 questions? Wouldn't more questions produce more accurate scores? Wouldn't longer questions, with more details, be better?

We chose 10 questions -- 10 very short ones -- because the Quiz is designed to fit on a business-card-sized handout. (Remember, it's called the "World's SMALLEST Political Quiz.") And we also want the Quiz to be easy, fast, and fun. Too many questions, or too many words, would get in the way of that.

When we put the Quiz on the Web in 1996, we wanted to keep the same questions and wording, in part because the short wording keeps the Quiz fast and easy, and in part to remain consistent with the popular print version.

We've tried tests with larger numbers of questions, and haven't found any more accuracy using them. The 10 questions seem to be enough to pinpoint most people's political leanings -- and that's enough for the purposes of the Quiz.

http://www.server.theadvocates.org/quiz-faq.html#faq05
    Can't argue that took both tests and results are the basically the same. Are you saying that you helped developed the short test there racer? Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

No.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

That little quiz is great for Libertarian's to recruit new members, but the questions are deeply skewed to put most everyone in the Libertarian quadrant.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    I'm always leery of these tests because they tend to have a built-in bias.

Having said...I consider myself a conservative libertarian.
    I fit into that category also, maybe more libertarian/conservative... and both tests proved it. The simple test was a bit more decisive than the big one... IMO the questions in the big one were kinda vague and questionably worded.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Did anyone else just sort of play with the answers to get different scores? I did, and I would bet dollars to doughnuts I know exactly how you guy's voted.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Did anyone else just sort of play with the answers to get different scores? I did, and I would bet dollars to doughnuts I know exactly how you guy's voted.
    You'ld lose. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Ok, I gotta buck.

You disagree with 2, 3 and 4. All others are agree.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast