I 've got this new thermometer and need some help , not!

Hey, it's my birthday the family bought me this really nice 24" tall glass Galileo Thermometer, it's cool!

Guess you would have to see it in person to get the full effect of how cool it is.... Galileo was quite the inventor!
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Senior Tech Guest
    Happy Birthday!...Seen'm, they are cool.

Yep, I have one of those here as well. I like watching it when my system kicks into the setback recovery. Lots of movement.

Amazing...

Originally posted by tpa-fl
    Yep, I have one of those here as well. I like watching it when my system kicks into the setback recovery. Lots of movement.
    Yes it is very responsive and accurate I have to admit!

You think the fluid in there is glecyrin, sort of thin, maybe achohol?

I'm not sure what they're using for the clear liquid, but alcohol sounds about right for the colored liquid in each sphere.

Happy B-day

That looks like some fancy smoking device from the 60's

Happy B-day
    I like the gift been thinking about getting one for my house

how do you use that thing to calculate superheat?

I got one of those for Christmas last year from my sister that lives about 6 hours away. One of the little floating balls was broke. One of the tags that indicated the temp had fallen off and mess up the weight of that ball so it always wanted to float to the top and that messed up all of the balls above it. So my sister boxed it back up and took it with her. She was going to return it for another one and mail it to me.
    Well, fast forward 6 months. I still don't have my Galileo thermometer, and some guy on the other side of the continent is bragging about how cool his is.

Anyway, Happy Birthday I hope you have many more.

Thanks...

Originally posted by dhanna
    I got one of those for Christmas last year from my sister that lives about 6 hours away. One of the little floating balls was broke. One of the tags that indicated the temp had fallen off and mess up the weight of that ball so it always wanted to float to the top and that messed up all of the balls above it. So my sister boxed it back up and took it with her. She was going to return it for another one and mail it to me.
    Well, fast forward 6 months. I still don't have my Galileo thermometer, and some guy on the other side of the continent is bragging about how cool his is.

Anyway, Happy Birthday I hope you have many more.
    Tell sis to get with the program...