Our York Heat Pump is not doing a very good job cooling. Yesterday, the temperature soared up to 91 degrees and we had 60% RH outside. Upstairs, the t-stat was set on 73, however, the system could not get the temp down bellow 75 until the late evening. Went outside to look at the unit and I noticed that the Suction line going into the unit did not seem very cool to the touch. The liquid line, however, seemed warm like it should. I compared the temps to our York Condensing unit and the Suction line seemed much colder to the touch. Also, usually there is no of condensation on the HP Suction line and around the uint. Last cooling season there was much more condensation around the unit. Inside the house, the supply temperature did not seem as cold as it did last cooling season. Our service people are coming for the spring inspection next week but I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks!

-York_Hvac

low charge. find leak, repair and recharge.

Let me guess too. Low air flow evap has frozen the return 12" round flex has collapsed restricting airflow.

Originally posted by dnt
    Let me guess too. Low air flow evap has frozen the return 12" round flex has collapsed restricting airflow.
    I don't think it's eaither one because I changed the filters about a week ago and both returns are still sucking air. Also, I havent noticed any reduced air flow from the vents.

airworx,
    I think your probobly right about the low charge. Don't know if there is a leak or not. Our neighborhood has steadily been having these units replaced the past 2 years I guess because of their age. Well if it DOES need replacing, maybe I can get a new Carrier Infinity System to replace it! Other guess answers to this problem our still welcome!

I really beleive your low on charge, suction line should be cold and also should sweat a lot.
    If it is low on charge as I suspect make sure they fix the leak before charging that way you won't have to worry about it for a while.