Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Fear rules - facts ignored - typical far right propaganda. The shock doctrine at work.
    Actually, the state of fear is a tool used more by leftist leaders. The unions keep workers in a constant state of fear that if they, the unions, are not supported, that terrible things will happen to the workers. This of course is a fallacy. Leftist politicians keep citizens in a state of fear by telling us that if we do not disperse money earned by those who worked hard and give it to the those who are lazy, that the lazy will take to more criminal activities in order to obtain the money of those who earn it. Leftist scientists and revelers of gloom and doom keep us in a state of fear by telling us that the very weather is going to destroy us if we don't do the things that they want us to do. These people are of course making billions of dollars from their fear mongering. On the conservative side, I guess the worst of those wanting to keep us in a perpetual state of fear are the fire and brimstone religion hawkers. But most of all, a state of fear is perpetuated by leftists who always have a plan to protect us as long as we give them power and money.

I don't cater to fear. I fear, as in respectfully speaking, only God. What is to be is what is to be due sometimes to our actions and due other times to the design of the Universe. The reason the fear of that stray asteroid knocking our planet into to Sun like the proverbial eight ball being pocketed by the cue ball is because no one except movie makers have found a way to make money from it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/tlG0Y.jpg
    Yes the wealthy have a right to get out of paying their fair share. I think we all need to get with the program. The chart in the link shows it plain as day. And Rush needs one of those shakes - gotta spread the wealth you know.
    .....households in the highest quintile earned 55 percent of before-tax income and paid almost 70 percent of federal
    taxes; for all other quintiles, their share of federal
    taxes was less than their share of income.
    The bottom quintile earned 4 percent of
    income and paid less than 1 percent of federal
    taxes, while the middle quintile earned 13 percent
    of income and paid 9 percent of federal
    taxes. The top 1 percent of households, not
    shown, earned 19 percent of income and paid
    28 percent of federal taxes.
    Source......the CBO, December 2, 2010. Where did your your link derives it's information?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Just the usual.

Look at the history of hysterical predictions of the future and see them for what they really are; paths that were avoided by showing where they were leading.

Books, movies, and now Internet blogs all provide a service for peering into posible futures so that we may avoid them. Orwells 1984 had us on the watch for Big Brother, and until recently, we avoided Big Brother for the most part. The Terminator gives us pause as to turning too much authority over to artificial intelligence and just may keep us from making mistakes in that direction.

That is all we do on Internet sites such as this. We create plausable scenarios in order to avoid certain outcomes from going down certain paths. The more the scenarios are based on history repeating itself, the more we should take pause.

The historical facts are that all previous empires have fallen and no government is immune from destruction due to the greed and elitist attitudes of government leaders. The U.S. cannot sustain doing business the way we are current doing business. We need to stop hoping while letting government change for the obvious worse and briing on some real change that will get us back on our feet as a stable and powerful nation.
    Fair enough, very good points.
    I just don't think lassiez-fair has all the answers you think it does.
    Balance is key.

Quote Originally Posted by can2man View Post
    Balance is key.
    I agree that balance is a key that could make the world a better place, but it won't. Mankind works less like a scale and more like a pendulum. We are never in the middle for as long as we are going either to far to the left or too far to the right.

I agree that balance is a key that could make the world a better place, but it won't. Mankind works less like a scale and more like a pendulum. We are never in the middle for as long as we are going either to far to the left or too far to the right.
    Whats holding you up from commenting on the Modern Day Prophets thread? is your brain experiencing a semi meltdown from all the other threads? or are you still thinking?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Whats holding you up from commenting on the Modern Day Prophets thread? is your brain experiencing a semi meltdown from all the other threads? or are you still thinking?
    I hadn't come across that thread yet. It looks a bit contraversial, and I'm not one for contraversy you know

I hadn't come across that thread yet. It looks a bit contraversial, and I'm not one for contraversy you know

OMG!!!! I predicted you would say that.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by can2man View Post
    Balance is key.
    the progressives of the early 20th century used that same argument to pass the 16th and 17th amendments to the constitution. now we have a trough big enough for ALL the hogs to feed out of. oh wait, its not big enough! it never is big enough for "progressives"! repeal the 16th and 17th amendments and institute a fair tax system. until then micheal moore is right , your money IS everyones money!!!
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    the progressives of the early 20th century used that same argument to pass the 16th and 17th amendments to the constitution. now we have a trough big enough for ALL the hogs to feed out of. oh wait, its not big enough! it never is big enough for "progressives"! repeal the 16th and 17th amendments and institute a fair tax system. until then micheal moore is right , your money IS everyones money!!!
    Where does military spending fall into your scheme of things. That is tax dollars isn't it?
    I think it was called a tithe in the past.

military spending is one of the basic responsibilities of the federal government. it is required by the constitution. the scale of military spending is open to debate.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    So, we are still being screwed by the president who was a Woody.

So, we are still being screwed by the president who was a Woody.
    That's how the commies work. They play, we pay. The pyramid works much how Orwell illustrated: Big Brother, upper party, lower party, and the proles.

How "fair" is that? Oh well, this message is soon to go down the memory hole.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    That's how the commies work. They play, we pay. The pyramid works much how Orwell illustrated: Big Brother, upper party, lower party, and the proles.

How "fair" is that? Oh well, this message is soon to go down the memory hole.
    Actually, all messages can go down the memory hole at any time as far as the Internet is concerned. As much as Obama made such a big to do over the president of Egypt shutting down the Internet there, Obama has the power to do the very same thing to us. With a push of a button, Obama can throw the entire country into communication darkness. Maybe not Big Brother, but Big Brutha will be our demise.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast