Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scroll Compressor Hot/Loud

Post Likes
    The old system was also Ruud and Apollo but was 18 years old!

Installer Pulled vacuum with pump for 30 minutes. No micron gauge. Said held vacuum. Added no R22.

I measured lineset and is approximately 26feet from condenser to air handler.

Orifice system.

The Scroll is LOUDER than when installed and I can hear it thru the bathroom wall! Sort of a combination knock/humm noise.

Some water on pad under new condenser?? Never noticed that before? Line from Compressor to evaporator sweats inside the condenser housing.

[Edited by mikeinva on 06-07-2005 at 06:34 PM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dec
    Originally posted by Steve Wiggins
    Scrolls do get hot on the top but you should still be able to hold your hand on it without getting burned.

Always have a third party verify the installation. Never hire the same company that installed it for warranty work.

a lot of brands that have extended warrantys require you to use the installing company

[Edited by dec on 06-07-2005 at 04:50 PM]

This is not true. I think you must have just made it up.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Post Likes
    top of a scroll will be hot and you will get burnt if you can hold your hand on it. the sweating is normal. the suction line will sweat and it is not nessary to insulate it. the noise may be from the line set going up the wall
    or some thine in the unit is makeing it. let the tech look it over tell him all your conserns and let him do his job.
    sounds like it is working fine and something is vibrating causeing the noise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in