Thread: suction line size

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    I went on an no A/C call this evening and found that the indoor coil was froze solid. So I told the homeowner that I would be back in the morning. My question is I noticed the lineset size was 5/8" O.D. suction line and liquid line was 3/8" O.D. The outside unit, which is a Goodman 1.5 ton H.P. Service port connection is 3/4" O.D. How critical is this. I am not to familair with goodman. Is this the correct line size or am I screwed because the lineset runs up through a wall to the attic. Of course I will check the entire system tommorrow, but was wondering what kind of havoc this could be playing. Thanks to any response.

Post Likes
    For 1.5 ton the 5/8 should be fine as long as the line length is not over 50'. Only downside is slight loss of efficiency.

paul

Post Likes
    thanks tecman. tommorow I am probaly going to open up the sytem to verify the right orfice was installed. I know anytime you open a system a filter dryer is required. but is it going to hurt to add one even though the system already contains one?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in