Thread: New A/C

Had a new A/C put in. The tech put in a 3 1/2 ton but my coil is a 3 ton. He was going to put a new piston in but the store was closed. will this unit operate ok with a 3 ton piston in the coil for the night????

Got a brand & model # for in & out? Smaller A coils reduce capacity a bit though help dehumidification. Reduce SEER a bit too. Probably not an approved match but the model #s will tell us.

Here is what I found out, the piston size in the coil is .073 and it calss for a .078... Getting those numbers now... Thanks for the reply!!

I know this might be a stupid question but why didn't he just install a 4 ton evap. and then change the piston to the 78 are you in a humid area? with an A coil you really need the bigger surface area of course unless your in a very humid area maybe that's just my opinion.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Coil was already installed. The make of the coil is ADP and the A/C is Ducane Mod# AC10B42.

Did you have your furnace replaced and they installed a new coil at the same time.

And another company just installed a new outdoor unit without checking what the indoor coil is, let alone what size your house needs.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?