Question

I have looked at the specs on both (17000 - 18000 btus) ... very similar ... can anyone tell me what experience they have had these brands, including reliablity, operation, quiteness, cost etc ..

only have experience with sanyo,have not done that many of them but some are over 10 years old. reliability very good,units extremely quiet. as far as price ...........call around and get estimates.

Question Comparisons

Have you inquired about availabiity of replacement parts?

Mr. Slim is well known.

http://www.mrslim.com/Products/Categ...ctCategoryID=7

Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

i guess i'll go with the sanyo unless someone has something really negative ...

Lightbulb NICE

Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

I think Sanyo is a nicer unit and my father has had one since 1980 in his office and also like Mitssubishi units. We can get them from more people than the Sanyos around here.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!