Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wearing shorts

We can wear shorts

Under our nomex coveralls in 97 degree 85% humidity weather!!

First of all you say you want to look professional then go on to say you wear jeans?? Hmmm just my opinion but jeans don’t look professional,
    As far as shorts my guys may wear them but they have to be knee length at least and have to be dress or work style shorts must also match uniform, no cutoffs, no sweat shorts, gym shorts, and no jean shorts
    I think that we still look professional maybe not as professional as when we are in uniform pants but still look good and have never heard a negative remark yet.

Some of my co-workers choose uniform shorts during the hot Florida summers.

I prefer long pants just for a little extra protection.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

I wear shorts in the supermarket world unless i know i am going to be on a tin roof or something!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

exactly whatdhvac said.We also have to keep long pants in our vans in ase we do a commercial construction or industrial job.
    Go RCR!

Talking

If the shorts make you more comfortable on the hot days you are less likley to make mistakes, think clearer, be more efficent at what you are doing, all of wich makes you more profetable. isnt that why we do HVAC or is it for the love of 120 degree attics with blown in insulation.
    Its the latter for me...hehehehe.

I worked for one guy that was nice enough to let us wear shorts and a company T-Shirt, as long as they were respectable looking, ya'know like carhardtt work shorts, not cutoffs. Pretty reasonable I'd say.

Life was good....'Till the office gets a call from one of the High Schools we serviced that some knucklehead is running around the place in a pair of gym shorts, circra 1975, that are about 3 sizes too small. As if this ain't bad enough he's "trolling" if you know what I mean.

Three days later the uniform service showed up. Dark grey pants with MAROON STRIPED LONG SLEEVE shirts. New policy-Wear 'em or yer fired!

What's even more amazeing than the fact that they did'nt fire the moron is that he did'nt suffer a "work related accident" involving a roof.

Now I understand why most bosses just summarily don't allow it.

Busta.
    It Is What It Is

I have been up and down on this issue. I do mostly industrial and commercial stuff.

I have often argued for or against shorts between us type guys, but "we" don't know what "they" think, which in my opinion outside of saftey, there opinion of us is what matters most.

I have the buttoned short sleeve, deep blue with my name embroidered on one side and my logo on the other above my pocket which has my toys in a pocket protector.

I bought the columbia matching color shorts, a belt and some low ankle redwings. Wearing shorts and Redwing work boots looks tacky, so I bought the work shoes. Blue socks, like the mailman. Baseball hat. I did this for three months two summers ago, and every new or existing customer, I asked them outright what they thought of my appearance.

Not one naysayer out of about 35 different people judging my appearance. Many compliments. Many comparing how well I looked in shorts as opposed to the redneck looking type ac guys with shorts on.

I keep work pants in the truck for anything I feel is a safety call. Or if I am working in a cold warehouse, as I do commercial refrigeration. You just got have some common sense about how you dress and shorts are acceptable if you can pull off the proffesional image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12