Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wolverines here.

After I bought my first pair of wolverines I never wore another pair of tennis shoes or anything. I wear Wolverines everywhere I go but church. I have never seen anything that was as comfy.

Red Wings. My choice for the past 20 years. I wear Thinsulate year round. My feet never sweat.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Originally posted by lusker
    Hey Doc.. I have a tech that says his feet sweat in timber waterproofs and he got the itch and yellow nail. Went back to RW's
    Had the same problem, minus the yellow nail part. I loved the boots, they even stayed waterproof when the tips of the toes wore out and exposed the inners.... Now ask my wife about the sweaty feet thing and she would tell you that they where the worst boots ever.

Got a pair of waterproof Danners, no more sweat since they are gore tex... MMMM....

Originally posted by lusker
    Hey Doc.. I have a tech that says his feet sweat in timber waterproofs and he got the itch and yellow nail. Went back to RW's
    Mine don't do that, they have some kind of new footbed in them that prevents that. My feet do sweat in them on a good hot day, but not bad and there's no odor like I've found with other boots. I tried the others, they just didn't fit right.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

TERRA rates the best so far in my book, I dont know if you can get them state side

work boots

I agree.Terra or Kodiaks.But always buy the best/most comfortable you can afford.Buy cheap,you get what you pay for.When your on your feet as much as you fellows are(I'm a millwright myself),so i know of which I speak,never scrimp in this area.

I bought a pair of Ariat boots in April of last year and they are still going. I always have problems with the toe wearing through before anything else and these have just started to get thin on the toe. Got new ones and trying to wear them on the weekends to get them broke in for when these retire but its hard to wear new boots when your old ones are still there.

i used to wear red wing but the last two pare wernt very good so i moved to wallmart herman servivors. been wearing them for a year and i like them about 40 dollars .

either red wing or wolverine?
    last pair of wolverine split after 5 months but have had alot of good one's in the past
    my company has a red wing rep come to the shop and give a %20 discount plus company throws in $45 if you get steel toe
    pair of red wings i have now have been great but same as everyone else in the business rip the toe right off them eventually
    go thru at least 2 high quality boots every 16 months

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12