Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by trane
    I think some of the manufactures are requiring that you have factory approved training before they will sell to you. I know that the local York distr. requires you attend there training first. I would say that it is to limit liability and warranty problems from incorrect installations.
    I would understand manufacturer training to limit thier liability, but why now with 410? What about all the warranty issues with 22? How do they expect seasoned techniciains that will not change their practices?

I know guys that don't care about performing the correct procedures and all they know is that the pressures are going to be a little bit higher and that the oil that is used in 410a systems is acidic... Yes, they say that it is acidic. I know that it is hydroscopic, but not acidic.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

atufano
    quote:

Only supply houses and manufacturers are supply these certifications, so what good are they if they are not mandatory or federally supported?

Norm is a proctor for ESCO so that is why I suggested that he would know

Originally posted by ct2
    atufano
    quote:

Only supply houses and manufacturers are supply these certifications, so what good are they if they are not mandatory or federally supported?

Norm is a proctor for ESCO so that is why I suggested that he would know
    I'm not here to knock anyone or give an absolute. In my area geographically, is from where I am speaking. We have supply houses, who double as schools, and manufacturer's.

I know that RSES supply's 410a cert's, and other companies give the certs for free online. I think that calling a refresher course, or safety training a certification is going a bit far. If this were the case, then shouldn't there be a cert for everytype of refrigerant? Each one has different characteristics, oils, and iddiosynchrocies.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12