Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused

WHAT IS THE SEQUENCE OF A FURNACE AND WHAT IS THE SEQUENCE OF A/C FROM THE THERMOSTAT TO THE CONDITIONED SPACE? THIS IS A SPLIT SYSTEM

you can not go crazy until you have been in the field for a while, look in you ac book under sequence of operation..

think you need to put in a little more effort of figuring that out before you ask that one in here. If you have any decent book your trying to learn from it will tell you the sequences as Dave says.

student going crazy? over that question? oh are you in for a treat.
    This is agreat place to come to and learn from . The people here will do all they can to explane things to you ---but---you have to have done your homework first. If you cant find the answer in your text book, there are a number of great articals you can learn from in the "for your interest" section

Most of the people you will find here, Teach hvac, have taught , are busniess owners and very sharp techs so you cant get over on them

the sequence of the operation of a furnace or an ac should be easy to find on the net

WHAT IS THE SEQUENCE OF A FURNACE AND WHAT IS THE SEQUENCE OF A/C FROM THE THERMOSTAT TO THE CONDITIONED SPACE? THIS IS A SPLIT SYSTEM

thermostat gets cold, yells down to POS furnace yo i need heat, furnaces runs, thermostat gets hot, yells down to POS furnace ok wise arse shut off.

Can you figure out the a/c sequence of operation now.

Really, the answer should be in your text book, study it. You need to ask your instructor these kind of questions, so he has a better idea of your progress, and can help you better understand what your reading.

Don't expect us to do your home work for you!

We will always help those willing to learn and help themselves.

But you won't learn if you don't try yourself first.

How long have you been in school.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by beenthere
    How long have you been in school.
    Since day 1!
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

LOL...

Perhaps I should have been more precise in what I meant.

Quick question for you Dan.

How do you figure out the load of a building, when they have no idea of what they are going to use 2 of the floors for, but want them included in the job?

the envelope is easy, but I can't get anymore info about weather it will be office, storage, or converted to an apartment.
    Contractor locator map

Most installation and start up manuals provided with any furnace will give you a complete sequence of operation.

These can all be found online, I know for sure they are on http://www.carrier.com. Sometimes a little tricky to find your way around, go to the website and try this...

click on commercial,building htg/clg systems,products,indoor splits,furnaces. There is everything you ever wanted to know all in PDF format.

Good luck

Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

GUEStimating

Originally posted by beenthere
    How do you figure out the load of a building, when they have no idea of what they are going to use 2 of the floors for, but want them included in the job?

... office, storage, or converted to an apartment.

Just address & install ( extra ) duct main lines assuming office as worst case ?

If the space ends up being storage, a trunk line could be "abandoned in place" ( until they convert to more profitable office space).

Is office with personnel, equipment and Lighting the worst case! ?
    What else could possibly provide higher interior load?

Guessing is really not an option for installing a FULL system if you wish to protect your reputation.

.. WORK WITH ME .. says the developer.
    .. I am trying .. says the Mechanical Contactor.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

The duct work will be chaised in, so no way to ever get to it again.

If I size for office, and they go aparment, or storage I'm screwed.

I gotta convince them to go 2 stage. But that might not be enough capacity reduction if they go with storage.

No wonder I drink.
    Contractor locator map

student: please do not shout online (= don't use all caps!)

student problem: the furnace is a system comprised of several devices, some of which may be repeated for more capacity. Now, what is necessary for these devices to work to accomplish the task, SAFELY? In what order?

beenthere: I would back out -- if they do not know space use, you have no basis for design! I would not be able to design for any service (phone/ lighting/HVAC, ) without more info! Hard enuf when they give some numbers. If that does not satisfy, then find out how big is the budget, spend it all -- worse case would be a computer server center having racks of "heaters". If they will close up the chase to never be accessed again, I would RUN to the nearest door, or inquire where would they like another doorway? Even the better house builders are installing chases for changeout/ modifications!

Thanks for the advice.

Can't back out, we do a fair amount of work for this GC.

So its catch 22.
    Contractor locator map

Student's guide to thermostat wiring and sequence of operation:

R = Really, like totally juice me with some serious power, man!
    G = Gosh, I'm like, you know, your biggest fan!
    Y = Yo! Let's get some serious cooling going, here!
    O = Oh man, such a flip flopper
    W = Why is it so friggin' hot?
    C = Commonly, the same path home
    B = Befuddled...sometimes a flip flopper, sometimes the same path home
    E = Urgent, urgent...EMERGENCY!
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast