Dehumidifier Evaluation / History

How do you feel about the AprilAire 1700 in service as a Whole House dehumidifier without Outside Air ?
    Controls?

Maintenance?

Capacity ... 3,000 Sq. Ft +_ ?

http://www.aprilaire.com

[Edited by dan sw fl on 06-04-2005 at 06:39 PM]
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

I just installed a new Aprilair 1700 about 3 weeks ago. RH was between 62 to 74 for 6 years. Now it is between 48 to 52%.

It does about 2,200 sq/ft. the price I got with LG pump (1 gallon), all duct work (collars to) was too good to pass up.

Works great!

thanks
    Mike

I am looking at putting one in for a similar situation.. 2800 sq. ft., no outside air. (house is 50yo, no huge leaks but definitely not tight construction) A supplemental portable dehum placed under the main air return grille helped immensely last summer (though loud and in the way) and during no/low cooling demand (but still muggy) shoulder seasons.

I'll be interested to see the responses to this one.

Check out the Ultra-Aire. UA use 6 amps to remove 90 pints vs the 9 amps for the aprilaire. Also better air filtering and controls fresh air ventilation for the UA. Price about the same. UA is highest eff. thermastor.com. TB