Nice Rack. The Supermarket Refrigeration Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Hmmm...

WE, the techs, are going to have to change with these systems, adapt to them, learn them or we are going to be replaced by smarter, younger and, ultimately, cheaper guys.
    where are the cheaper,smarter younger etc guys coming from? China? cause most of the young guys here want nothing to do with our trade and the few that venture in want to start at the top making the big bucks.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mojotyque View Post
    any suggestions or advice, a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated..........
    Read Read Read, start with the OEM websites
    read about:
    Compressor systems, case information, piping setup, controls setup

just a few sites:

HillPhoenix

Hussmann

Kysor-Warren

Zero-Zone

CPC Emerson

Micro Thermo

Danfoss Controls

Sporlan

Tyler Refrigeration

Cheers
    Mike
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Quote Originally Posted by mojotyque View Post
    I can see by your posts everyone here has a great deal of expericence wit these systems and must admit am a little intimidated to ask as a noobie, but where can I find good solid info on supermarket rack systems and controls- I've worked on small systems, self contained, split, W/I reach-in, restaurant, convenience store, etc., but want to grow into a more substancial part of this industry, any suggestions or advice, a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated..........

Lot's of good info here. http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=56
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

JPs right.
    With the EPA taking on almost gestapo-like power, the technology will be changing. Also, the newer controllers are getting VERY slick. It won't be too much longer before the store mgr will have an iPhone App that alerts him to "Failed Defrost, No Amp Draw, System 1C Ice Cream, Case 3". Think I'm kidding? This is what will make JPs concern about cheaper technicians a reality. So the question now is how do we stay relevant? These changes are coming, and coming quickly.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

We need to pray for the over engineering engineers to do their job, and this will keep us all on our toes(job security). Staying up with the latest technologies and becoming heavily involved with the field R&D we might be able to help drive the way our future turns out.
    The info I have been getting on the latest CO2 systems is disturbing at best, so called racks that are contained in a 6x6x6 box doesnt leave a lot of room for break downs or repairs. Sounds like maybe controls are going to be where the expertise is needed. Oh yea and pex pipe to cases with a stat and solenoid. (plumbers). Anybody else hear of these?????????

Quote Originally Posted by emcontrols View Post
    We need to pray for the over engineering engineers to do their job, and this will keep us all on our toes(job security). Staying up with the latest technologies and becoming heavily involved with the field R&D we might be able to help drive the way our future turns out.
    The info I have been getting on the latest CO2 systems is disturbing at best, so called racks that are contained in a 6x6x6 box doesnt leave a lot of room for break downs or repairs. Sounds like maybe controls are going to be where the expertise is needed. Oh yea and pex pipe to cases with a stat and solenoid. (plumbers). Anybody else hear of these?????????

Last co2 rack room that I seen (it was a pic) that a friends co had built it had lot's of room. Pex to cases.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Is the C02 in the pex? Ya pretty soon well see blinking lights for error codes and any guy can find the problem. Finding good help now a days is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by -frozen-ocean- View Post
    Is the C02 in the pex? Ya pretty soon well see blinking lights for error codes and any guy can find the problem. Finding good help now a days is hard.

I have never seen pex in a market I was just saying it would be

I know of at least 4 supermarkets this summer that will be getting the CO2 systems Im referring to. And I was wrong its 4x4x4. CO2 in pex to cases, dont have alot of details but as I get more info ill share. No defrost and No humidity controls!!!!!!!

Isn't PEX plastic?

I'm foreseeing pipe bomb like explosions with shards of plastic once the primary refrigerant circuit goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    Isn't PEX plastic?

I'm foreseeing pipe bomb like explosions with shards of plastic once the primary refrigerant circuit goes down.
    Yes like plumbing water plastic, pretty good stuff for plumbing, definately dont think it would be good for CO2.

Quote Originally Posted by emcontrols View Post
    Yes like plumbing water plastic, pretty good stuff for plumbing, definately dont think it would be good for CO2.

Are you sure it's not for a secondary like glycol?

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    Are you sure it's not for a secondary like glycol?
    I asked the exact same question and the answer was NO, It was to the cases. Ill Do some more interrigation and post some facts next week.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast