Nice Rack. The Supermarket Refrigeration Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 75
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Hmmm...



    WE, the techs, are going to have to change with these systems, adapt to them, learn them or we are going to be replaced by smarter, younger and, ultimately, cheaper guys.
    where are the cheaper,smarter younger etc guys coming from? China? cause most of the young guys here want nothing to do with our trade and the few that venture in want to start at the top making the big bucks.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In a Mess
    Posts
    1,001

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by mojotyque View Post
    any suggestions or advice, a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated..........
    Read Read Read, start with the OEM websites
    read about:
    Compressor systems, case information, piping setup, controls setup

    just a few sites:

    HillPhoenix

    Hussmann

    Kysor-Warren

    Zero-Zone

    CPC Emerson

    Micro Thermo

    Danfoss Controls

    Sporlan

    Tyler Refrigeration

    Cheers
    Mike
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,501
    Quote Originally Posted by mojotyque View Post
    I can see by your posts everyone here has a great deal of expericence wit these systems and must admit am a little intimidated to ask as a noobie, but where can I find good solid info on supermarket rack systems and controls- I've worked on small systems, self contained, split, W/I reach-in, restaurant, convenience store, etc., but want to grow into a more substancial part of this industry, any suggestions or advice, a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated..........

    Lot's of good info here. http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=56
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    1,647
    JPs right.
    With the EPA taking on almost gestapo-like power, the technology will be changing. Also, the newer controllers are getting VERY slick. It won't be too much longer before the store mgr will have an iPhone App that alerts him to "Failed Defrost, No Amp Draw, System 1C Ice Cream, Case 3". Think I'm kidding? This is what will make JPs concern about cheaper technicians a reality. So the question now is how do we stay relevant? These changes are coming, and coming quickly.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    410
    We need to pray for the over engineering engineers to do their job, and this will keep us all on our toes(job security). Staying up with the latest technologies and becoming heavily involved with the field R&D we might be able to help drive the way our future turns out.
    The info I have been getting on the latest CO2 systems is disturbing at best, so called racks that are contained in a 6x6x6 box doesnt leave a lot of room for break downs or repairs. Sounds like maybe controls are going to be where the expertise is needed. Oh yea and pex pipe to cases with a stat and solenoid. (plumbers). Anybody else hear of these?????????

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,501
    Quote Originally Posted by emcontrols View Post
    We need to pray for the over engineering engineers to do their job, and this will keep us all on our toes(job security). Staying up with the latest technologies and becoming heavily involved with the field R&D we might be able to help drive the way our future turns out.
    The info I have been getting on the latest CO2 systems is disturbing at best, so called racks that are contained in a 6x6x6 box doesnt leave a lot of room for break downs or repairs. Sounds like maybe controls are going to be where the expertise is needed. Oh yea and pex pipe to cases with a stat and solenoid. (plumbers). Anybody else hear of these?????????


    Last co2 rack room that I seen (it was a pic) that a friends co had built it had lot's of room. Pex to cases.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    386
    Is the C02 in the pex? Ya pretty soon well see blinking lights for error codes and any guy can find the problem. Finding good help now a days is hard.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,501
    Quote Originally Posted by -frozen-ocean- View Post
    Is the C02 in the pex? Ya pretty soon well see blinking lights for error codes and any guy can find the problem. Finding good help now a days is hard.


    I have never seen pex in a market I was just saying it would be
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    410
    I know of at least 4 supermarkets this summer that will be getting the CO2 systems Im referring to. And I was wrong its 4x4x4. CO2 in pex to cases, dont have alot of details but as I get more info ill share. No defrost and No humidity controls!!!!!!!

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,064
    Isn't PEX plastic?

    I'm foreseeing pipe bomb like explosions with shards of plastic once the primary refrigerant circuit goes down.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    Isn't PEX plastic?

    I'm foreseeing pipe bomb like explosions with shards of plastic once the primary refrigerant circuit goes down.
    Yes like plumbing water plastic, pretty good stuff for plumbing, definately dont think it would be good for CO2.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,501
    Quote Originally Posted by emcontrols View Post
    Yes like plumbing water plastic, pretty good stuff for plumbing, definately dont think it would be good for CO2.


    Are you sure it's not for a secondary like glycol?
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    Are you sure it's not for a secondary like glycol?
    I asked the exact same question and the answer was NO, It was to the cases. Ill Do some more interrigation and post some facts next week.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event