Thread: Ranco LPS

Post Likes

Ranco LPS

Do you guys make sure to set your adjustable mechanical pressure controls with your gage readings, or the scale on the face?

Ranco 010 1483 070.
    OT Sunday call, I found one set 30 in 10 out for 404a WIC. Compressor is running in a vacuum with the solenoid closed. -10h2o on my gage. I mean... it's easy enough to adjust, but whoever changed this out over the summer was in a hurry or really trusts those indicators on the face.

Thoughts. Opinions.
    Any and all input or conversation is appreciated.

sent using crapatalk

Post Likes
    Always use your gauges, never the dial.

Post Likes
    Always adjust with gauges on. The scale on the control is rarely accurate.

Post Likes
    I make it a habit to deface the scale with a paint stick .

5. Likes Red Man, firume, icy78 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by firume View Post
    Do you guys make sure to set your adjustable mechanical pressure controls with your gage readings, or the scale on the face?

Ranco 010 1483 070.
    OT Sunday call, I found one set 30 in 10 out for 404a WIC. Compressor is running in a vacuum with the solenoid closed. -10h2o on my gage. I mean... it's easy enough to adjust, but whoever changed this out over the summer was in a hurry or really trusts those indicators on the face.

Thoughts. Opinions.
    Any and all input or conversation is appreciated.
    Ive personally set 9 or 10 Ranco dual pressure controls on a rack last year, only to return this year and find that, although they are still set the same, several are 'sticking' and pulling into a vacuum. Adjust the screw just a bit and suddenly they go back to normal. Ranco seems to be worst about sticking. Penn/Johnson with MicroSet doesn't stick as much but seem to spring leaks more frequently.

7. Likes firume liked this post