Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15
    Post Likes

    Business for sale

    Hey Guys!

    I hope everyone is doing well. Where is a good site/magazine to go for HVAC Business for sale? Los Angeles, CA. thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    78
    Post Likes
    I don't know. But consider that if customers see a service business for sale, will they call for service? Therefore, a service business is going to be very careful where the sale listing is posted/advertised.

    I am just curious, why are you wanting to buy one?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15
    Post Likes

    HVAC-R

    Quote Originally Posted by happytechguy View Post
    I don't know. But consider that if customers see a service business for sale, will they call for service? Therefore, a service business is going to be very careful where the sale listing is posted/advertised.

    I am just curious, why are you wanting to buy one?
    Increase customer base. Progress. Expand. It is a natural progression. Additionally, so many business owners are letting their small businesses expired after retiring, I feel the customers need a good service representative.

    Thanks for the help.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Apache Junction, Arizona
    Posts
    451
    Post Likes
    I would hope you get value for a customer listing database, in the end is the customer who chooses who to pick up the phone and call not because someone has a list for sale. and the company has a nice inventory and such IDK maybe I need to buy one out we always need a bigger client base .. let us know how it works out for you.. I worked this summer in LA area helping a Commercial Contractor friend I know there with some bigger commercial projects but never hear of any listings or magazines where businesses were actually for sale.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,454
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royfiggy View Post
    Hey Guys!

    I hope everyone is doing well. Where is a good site/magazine to go for HVAC Business for sale? Los Angeles, CA. thanks
    Usually talk to supply houses. Theyusually know when someone is about to retire or getting overwhelmed and fed up.

    I've seen companies for sale on CL and in newspaper classifieds. Not sure I like those sources, but you may still find a gem.

    You can also put some feelers out to your suppliers that you'd like to expand and you're looking to help someone out that's ready to get out of the trade.

    Good luck bro

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Visalia California 93291
    Posts
    2,264
    Post Likes
    acquisitions are a great way to quick growth but if you are not a large corporation (I am assuming you are not as they would not have poised the question in the first place) your money is better spent in marketing and "Organic Growth"......Buying a company means they need to have contacts in place to have any value, it is cheaper to take a customer list VIA marketing and market presence VS buying some ones problems.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,454
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lkapigian View Post
    acquisitions are a great way to quick growth but if you are not a large corporation (I am assuming you are not as they would not have poised the question in the first place) your money is better spent in marketing and "Organic Growth"......Buying a company means they need to have contacts in place to have any value, it is cheaper to take a customer list VIA marketing and market presence VS buying some ones problems.
    Depends on what the cost of purchase is. A good friend of mine purchased a business a few months ago. He said it has already more than doubled his purchase price, and was the best decision he has ever made.

    Back story, the previous business was two older guys that had worked as a team for many years. They both decided to retire. Leaving behind many customers that had much trust in them, therefore trusted the contractor (my friend) that they were referred to during the transition of them selling the business.

    Now, I realize this is not a common thing, but it isn't impossible

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech365 Virtual Event