Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: indigo issue

Post Likes

indigo issue

IY 1404a. approx. 18 mt old . any one know the board leds . at the top left there are 4 leds , when does the ITP (microphone in thus case)
    illuminate. and then not illuminate ? . any real good resource on indigo , jim

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLJIM View Post
    IY 1404a. approx. 18 mt old . any one know the board leds . at the top left there are 4 leds , when does the ITP (microphone in thus case)
    illuminate. and then not illuminate ? . any real good resource on indigo , jim
    The microphone is tested through the control panel. Go to time and temperature. And look for 10hz and 100hz.
    There will be random numbers in the low to mid hundreds.

Lift the thickness probe and tap it with your finger a few times. The numbers should jump way up into the 5000 or higher range.
    If this occurs then the thickness probe is fine

As far as those leds ive never used them i just watch those numbers on the panel

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    yes use the panel to check the hertz as well , this machine is really is really a PIA, goes to safe mode , but then switchs off , because I turned it off , this wipes out logged history, so cant operate in safe mode , or does not go to safe mode and stops , or does not harvest and gets several inches of ice there are lots of leds flashing on and off on this board , trying to understand them .

Post Likes
    There are a few indigos that do the random freeze up. Nobody knows the fix.

Post Likes
    I believe the ITP light is a yes or no light...... only lit in harvest.

Is this a intermittent problem.

Turning off or disconnecting power will not erase the data log or the event log. They are accessed through the screen or downloaded to a thumb drive and on a computer

Fwiw there is a ohm test of the ITP that seem to be finding any issues I've seen with them. Also slightly dirty water level probe screws with the machine just like the S model

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I believe the ITP light is a yes or no light...... only lit in harvest.

Is this a intermittent problem.

Turning off or disconnecting power will not erase the data log or the event log. They are accessed through the screen or downloaded to a thumb drive and on a computer

Fwiw there is a ohm test of the ITP that seem to be finding any issues I've seen with them. Also slightly dirty water level probe screws with the machine just like the S model
    I agree. A problem with the water level probe will cause an indigo to do strange things.

Post Likes
    water level is my first check on Monday I did remove and clean it last visit , will take 1 to site and an itp , try n resolve it. This model is under warranty , our company won't do Manitowoc warranty , and the customer told me to stick with it , did not want to call warranty company out

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLJIM View Post
    water level is my first check on Monday I did remove and clean it last visit , will take 1 to site and an itp , try n resolve it. This model is under warranty , our company won't do Manitowoc warranty , and the customer told me to stick with it , did not want to call warranty company out
    Do you have the service handbook?
    There is a flowchart dealing with ice not releasing

Post Likes
    correct does not wipe out logged history of events , but does remove stored history of the last 5 ice drops , safe mode refers to this history and runs production for 72 hrs until a tech is called. not come across safe mode before . yes have hand book , the 3 probes on the water level high , miser , low , correct ?.

Post Likes
    and they said Kold Draft was tough to work on!

Post Likes
    Common
    High
    Low

Any "Event" that initiated a safe mode should be in the event log

If you are in a safe mode the cycle info is useless

Post Likes
    Safe mode just runs timed cycles mimicking the last good cycle in memory

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    There are a few indigos that do the random freeze up. Nobody knows the fix.
    And I'm lucky enough to service 3 of them.... One of which I installed. Thankfully I managed to dispose of 2 of the customers that I didn't install the machines for. The 3rd one I just go and defrost it once or twice a year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast