A liquid line solendoid on my Bryant HP compressor is hot to the touch and the system has been off for a couple of days. Does this sound right?

Are you talking about a LL valve or a reversing Valve? If it has 3 or more refrigeration lines to it than it a reversing valve and the coil is energized.

Wink

try picking up yellow book and call a pro better results

BEWARE OF THE COMPANIES THAT CHEAT YOU RIGHT

Originally posted by pecmsg
    Are you talking about a LL valve or a reversing Valve? If it has 3 or more refrigeration lines to it than it a reversing valve and the coil is energized.
    It is a liquid line solenoid outside the compressor unit on the liquid line to prevent refridgerant from running back into the compressor.

Those LLS valves get pretty hot to the touch when energized. Not sure why yours would be hot while de-energized?

Probably best to have somebody check it out...
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Sounds like it is energized. Could be miswired. A good tech could diagnose that problem quickly.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

If it is the reversing valve solenoid, most thermostats will hold the coil energized as long as COOL is selected, even when not calling to run. Being constantly energized it will get HOT.

paul

Originally posted by hvac r us 2
    Those LLS valves get pretty hot to the touch when energized. Not sure why yours would be hot while de-energized?

Probably best to have somebody check it out...
    Thanks for your post. Please help me out here. I assume this thing is on the liquid line to prevent refridgernat from draining back into the compressor. I thought this was only an issue during heating. Is this thing suppose to be energized during cooling or when the system is not running at all? This thing was very hot to the touch when the system was turned off (on/off switch set to off). Just want to make sure I fully understand. My AC guy is suppose to come out on monday.

Typically LLS valve on a heat pump is used for long line applications (line sets over 50)
    Yes you are correct; it is to reduce liquid refrigerant migration back into the unit during the off cycle.

Heat pumps require LLS to be installed within 2 of the outdoor unit, arrow pointing towards the outdoor unit.

LLS valve will be energized in both heating and cooling modes.
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Originally posted by hvac r us 2
    Typically LLS valve on a heat pump is used for long line applications (line sets over 50)
    Yes you are correct; it is to reduce liquid refrigerant migration back into the unit during the off cycle.

Heat pumps require LLS to be installed within 2 of the outdoor unit, arrow pointing towards the outdoor unit.

LLS valve will be energized in both heating and cooling modes.
    OK, but should it be energized when the system is turned off? Thanks so much.

sorry if this sounds stupid

I just want to know what "LLS valve" means. I know it is a valve, but i dont remember what the LLS stands for. If anyone can help me, I'll be very thankful.

Liquid line selinoid valve.

r us 2, I'm not familair with the new carrier/bryant hp's, is the valve energized with a signal to y only.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?