Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slavery is Here

Slavery is Here

Orman painted a glib picture of the future

"If you think any of these retirement plans are going to be there for you in the future, i have a bridge to sell you that you can't afford"
    -Suzy Orman

"I expect the government to keep raising the collection age of Social Security. Plan on working until you are 70 or 75 years old"
    -Suzy Orman

...the only problem is , no one will hire you at 70 years old, there will be a whole work force of 20 year-olds who will be desperate for work.

"When you go to get a job, don't even ask how much you will be making, you are lucky to get a job in the field you applied for"
    "Even though the job gives you the weekends off, show up on your days off, THEN your employer will see your value, and that's how you will increase your chances of getting a raise
    -Suzy Orman to college student in debt.

...not a snowballs chance in hell of that plan working. Suzy Orman just told you you're a slave now. what a disgrace

"I didn't have a good job and i was in debt $25,000, so i went back to school and got my Master's degree, now i earn $20,000per year and i'm in debt $125,000"
    -guy in debt.

"Filing bankruptcy won't do you any good, you can't get rid of student loans,you could have earned the same money working as a waiter, not even Suzy Orman can help you now"
    -Suzy Orman

"Because of the enormous debt this country owes, the price of schooling and everything is going to go up"
    -Suzy Orman

"You FICO score is very important. with a low FICO score you won't be able to buy a house, rent an apartment, or get a job.
    Once your FICO score goes below 500, you're FICO-ed"
    -Suzy Orman

all i have to say is, i've been a right-wing radical for most of my life, and most of the time i have voted third party, ...none of this is my baby.

Heard bits and pieces of this as I was falling asleep last night. Had some weird dreams. Didn't think they're be any "right-wing radicals" left in LA!
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

So many dumb kids go to school and getting into $100,000 debt for a useless degree.

They go to school for music, philosophy, religion, etc.

My wife is going to school for music education, it is what she wants to do. I told her she will most likely not find a job for a long time, if at all. The GI Bill is paying for her school though, she put in her 8 years in the Army and is now being rewarded for that, and I make more than enough to support my family so I support her and her descision.

Most people going to school are not in this situation, they leap head first and do no research on their chosen field of study.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave8OH1 View Post
    So many dumb kids go to school and getting into $100,000 debt for a useless degree.

They go to school for music, philosophy, religion, etc.

My wife is going to school for music education, it is what she wants to do. I told her she will most likely not find a job for a long time, if at all. The GI Bill is paying for her school though, she put in her 8 years in the Army and is now being rewarded for that, and I make more than enough to support my family so I support her and her descision.

Most people going to school are not in this situation, they leap head first and do no research on their chosen field of study.
    I agree. Thankfully my dad did not tell me the advice that a lot of people I know seem to have gotten. They have people telling them all of the time to do whatever is fun for you. I have heard this throughout school to do what you enjoy doing. While that isn't terrible advice, my dad always told me to find something that pays well so you can do what you want to do. Not something that you hate or are no good at, but something that is interesting, that you are good at, and that pays well. Most people don't love going to work, that's why they call it work and not play. But if you are going to do it, why not find something that will pay for your play time. Lots of people seem to think that once they have any degree, they are all set, and they are finding out that the advice they were given stinks.

You have a history degree? Hope you like teaching history because there are not many historian jobs I have seen.

You have a Political "science" degree. Hope you don't think you are really a scientist. That is a false name if I ever heard one. Again, what job are you going to get?

Art?-- Starving artist
    Music-- starving musician
    Philosophy --I see lots of want adds for philosophers

Not saying these are bad things to do, just see that people get these degrees all the time and end up working as waiters or something unrelated and never using them. They end up having to go back to school to actually make a living.

You know, Judge Smails once offered some advice to those who could not afford college. Take a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYJxNnABp4
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

"You FICO score is very important. with a low FICO score you won't be able to buy a house, rent an apartment, or get a job.
    Once your FICO score goes below 500, you're FICO-ed"
    -Suzy Orman

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Joke is on YOU Suzie! I am fico-ed, but I need neither of the three,....

The deviltry of my clever plan now falls into place. I have a shack on land. Rentals are a waste of money. And I am taking care of a business. Every day. Just taking care of business, every way. Taking care of business, it's alright...
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

here is the story of your enslavement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6u...el_video_title

Excellent video.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by braces4impact View Post

That's a real eye opening video. It is brutally truthful. So brutally truthful that it is understandable why we don't want to believe it is true.

In my opinion, that video should be shown in every economics and civics class, but it won't be because the teachers are working for the farmers. It should be shown in every social organization, but it won't be shown in organizations who get funding from the farmers.

I have always taught my boys to not trust any government entity to help them. I have always taught them that a criminal or drug addict or welfare recipient of any sort is just a commodoty to government agencies. This video goes way deeper then my realization that we are but a commodoty.

I will be sharing this with everyone who will take the time to watch it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by braces4impact View Post

Good video... however I fear it is above most folks desire to understand... What I am saying is: Folks will literally deny things they do not want to hear... and I am almost certain this video will fall into that category.

Having said this: There is a twinge of anarchy in the latter part of the video... yet anarchy does not work either... it leads to warlords.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Good video... however I fear it is above most folks desire to understand... What I am saying is: Folks will literally deny things they do not want to hear... and I am almost certain this video will fall into that category.

Having said this: There is a twinge of anarchy in the latter part of the video... yet anarchy does not work either... it leads to warlords.
    Mankind cannot live without being under other men as long as all of mankind does not accept the full authority of God. Man cannot serve two masters. We continue to choose worldly masters over God.

The author of the video is this man:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyBOE...ker=False&NR=1
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    The author of the video is this man:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyBOE...ker=False&NR=1
    He's quite the orator. I can take some lesson's from him for public speaking for my Toastmaster's speeches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast