Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Welfare State: Handouts Make Up One-Third of U.S. Wages

I find this very troubling

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41969508

On some talk news TV program a few weeks back a few of the people were talking about this fact...not an opinion, but fact.

One person spoke of obama actually not paying attention to our job market or free enterprise system as an automatic way to get people on the Federal payroll and to have them get use to it and want to stay on it.

It sure make sense to me. And he's doing an excellent job of it. Even Boeing got a contract for the refuelers recently so they are hiring now and guess where there money is coming from to hire new employees?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    I find this very troubling

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41969508
    look at eitc, a person making $25,000 a year with 2 kids not only doesn't pay any taxes, they get back over $6,000 in a tax 'refund', that is 25% of their income.

we have the richest poor people in the world.

Takers outnumbering the Makers? Bad news.
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

It's a lifestyle up here too, I've known lots of musicians that have their girlfriend (wife) claim he doesn't live there so they get max welfare. He works/unemployment ins. and sells dope for years, most going on 20 years!

None of them could make that much living honestly so the cycle continues until their kids learn it. I have a 15 yr old cousin being taught it from his skid friends and he'll take the easy way out rather than work like all his "sucker" relatives.

We are in a heap of trouble now....wait till that other 76 million have their hand out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvRkJzVQBP0
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by gtt View Post
    Takers outnumbering the Makers? Bad news.
    Sickening........

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy73 View Post
    It's a lifestyle up here too, I've known lots of musicians that have their girlfriend (wife) claim he doesn't live there so they get max welfare. He works/unemployment ins. and sells dope for years, most going on 20 years!

None of them could make that much living honestly so the cycle continues until their kids learn it. I have a 15 yr old cousin being taught it from his skid friends and he'll take the easy way out rather than work like all his "sucker" relatives.
    Your family has an obligation to beat some sense into that kid.

And I mean that literally. Coddling him would make this problem worse.

You know what though, we have no idea what the government has been doing with all the dough we have paid into social security.
    There is no accountability, or police to police the police. And if there was, what makes you think they cant be bought to look the other way as in the case of wall street and the housing scam.

Why is it a hand out, when we have been paying into it and its time to collect?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Your family has an obligation to beat some sense into that kid.

And I mean that literally. Coddling him would make this problem worse.
    His mom is handicapped so he's been raised by his grandparents, he gave my uncle another heart attack so my dad who's 64 picked the kid up by his shirt and said if you hurt my little brother again I'm coming for you.

He hasn't been home in 5 weeks, I don't know what's going to become of him and I'm 3000 miles away.

I remember leaving home at his age and literatly being taught how to be a leech on society, those people have it down pat. (they can't believe anyone would turn down "free money"). Luckily my uncle drug me up north to do cladding at a mine and clear my teenage head, he tried with this kid but he is too useless and spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    You know what though, we have no idea what the government has been doing with all the dough we have paid into social security.
    There is no accountability, or police to police the police. And if there was, what makes you think they cant be bought to look the other way as in the case of wall street and the housing scam.

the money for social security goes into the general fund, also there are people collecting ssi that have never paid a dime into it.

it isn't a handout when the people who paid into it collect it, but if you never paid a dime into it and collect it, then it is a handout.

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    the money for social security goes into the general fund, also there are people collecting ssi that have never paid a dime into it.

it isn't a handout when the people who paid into it collect it, but if you never paid a dime into it and collect it, then it is a handout.
    Things have changed here since the recession...

My neighborhood has a lot of hispanic contractors (not the guys framing or painting, the contractor). When one goes to the grocery store, they see a young hispanic lady in really fancy clothes, rings on most of her fingers, lots of make-up, driving a Cadillac Escalade... and using the swipe card to buy groceries on the state's dime...

I think all we need to do is only allow working folks to get benefits... and the leeches will go to another country looking for freebees.

In another thread we have been talking about what the American culture is... Well living off the govt derned sure is NOT the American culture...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

Remember Billy's balance budget well lets just say the balance came off the backs of taxpayers when they borrowed 256 Billion from SS and other trusts.

And it never was replaced.

The SEC turns their head the other way. It was not the first time and won't be the last.

Bernie Madoff is correct in saying the Government is a Ponzi scheme.

3500 people went to trial during the Emron scandal.

The Government will go after the little fish and put them in the spotlight of the press. And the little people will be happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast