Thread: arcoair size

i need a size on an arcoair,with fadded data plate. the copeland compresser had a wonderful label,where the letters and numbers stood out. crg3-0250-pfv-270
    please help with btus

first of all, i'm sorry! (i hate arcoaire with a passion!!) we have one at our house and i must say, it is a piece of crap! you better watch those wires on the condenser fan motor. THEY WILL FALL DOWN INTO THE UNIT AND STALL THE MOTOR!!

so anyways, you had a question about BTU's. the compressor name plate does not really indicate capacity. my best idea would be to call WINAIRE. they are a supply house that deals with arcoaire. they should be able to help.

mr hvac41,you right on this one while cleaning the unit, i noticed the wires saging so i zip tied them to keep the wires up away from the blades. thanks

If my worn out memory still works, I think the 0250 is a 2.5 ton.

It's a 2.5ton. Furthermore, I believe the make of the compressor would be Copeland.

Unfortunately, it would be difficult to determine what the unit itself is rated at without the M/N. Sorry.

[Edited by special ed on 06-03-2005 at 11:09 PM]

i forgot to say it was a copeland, i was hoping the 0250 was repersenting 25000 btus so it must be a 2.5 ton thanks a jug of r-12 (thanks a million)

t1, you did state that it was a copeland comp! i know that this is true. its the only half decent part of my ac. heres an idea

BUY
    A
    TRANE
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

i cleaned the home owners unit and quoted him on a 3 ton ac and told him to write the next unit size on the inside of the furnace closet hall, an area that normaly dose not get painted