Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    You do realize I'm not on the jury, right? And you do realize that the "presumed innocent" stuff applies only to those involved in legal proceedings, the rest of us are allowed (hopefully encouraged) to form our own opinions in this country.

I stand by my comments 100%. The head of the Catholic church in Philly says they're guilty.
    Cut and paste here where he said they were guilty.

The grand juries say they're guilty
    Grand jury do not say people are guilty, if so why would a trial be needed. Grand jurys say there is probable cause.

(they fingered 30 some odd people, these 21 are just the ones with undeniably "credible" evidence against them). The outside investigator hired by the church says they're guilty. The rape victims say they're guilty.

Yet one shock-jock was quoted in this thread as stating that there was once a person who cried rape when it wasn't (and that wasn't properly linked to this particular story) and you immediately come up with ways that everyone involved is somehow wrong.

SHOCK JOCK... really ... SHOCK JOCK... to funny.

Did you ever notice that police organizations investigating a murder have to refer to the murderer as a "suspect," yet when the news interviews people who saw the murder being committed (or any other citizen for that matter), those people are allowed to call the murderer a murderer, not a suspect? That's because they are not part of the legal proceedings that are taking place. Surely this point makes sense to even the most liberal of folks.

I am entitled to believe that everyone in this article is telling the truth. You are entitled to believe that everyone in the article is lying.

I am entitled, and thats why I keep an open mind.
    We don't have to agree, but we do have to tolerate one another.

There is a hope that justice will be served, without inocent people being sent to jail and for that everyone needs to have an open mind and study the facts carefully. I served on a jury last summer, I took it very seriously and did the best my little mind could. A few times during the trial I started to form an opinion and then I stopped myself and thought wait until all the evidence has been put forward. And thats all I ask of anyone.

Why are you calling them pedophiles?
    They may be homosexuals ... oh, thats right we are not allowed to say that ... sorry.

Well I need a nap so ... see ya.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    There is a hope that justice will be served, without inocent people being sent to jail and for that everyone needs to have an open mind and study the facts carefully. I served on a jury last summer, I took it very seriously and did the best my little mind could. A few times during the trial I started to form an opinion and then I stopped myself and thought wait until all the evidence has been put forward. And thats all I ask of anyone.

Why are you calling them pedophiles?
    They may be homosexuals ... oh, thats right we are not allowed to say that ... sorry.

Well I need a nap so ... see ya.

I really do understand where you are coming from and agree that witch hunts need to be avoided. However, we also need to stop disallowing certain evidences in the courts based on technicalities too.

As far as I am concerned, too many times, psychologists are worst then criminals with the way they manipulate troubled persons and especially children to think and relate to things. But that is a story for another time. the here and now is that the RCC has been harboring and protecting sexual deviants of all sorts for centuries and it has got to stop.

The reason for using the term pediphile is because children were involved. Male pediphiles who abuse male children are not necessarily homosexuals otherwise. One of the real problems with the RCC attracting sexual deviants is the damnable rules about priests not being able to have relations with women. When man goes against God's Created nature of man, things cannot go very Godly. Paul chose to be celebate, it was not a rule for him to be. Paul was also a gimpy, opinionted guy who was not well spoken, so it is not a real stretch for him to not be interested in woman.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12