trane XV90 variable speed & zoning

Question

I just spoke to a trane salesperson who said that the xv90 won't work "right" with zoning ... in effect you won't get
    variable speeds out of the unit with all zones calling. He says when it gets installed w/zoning something gets wired that basically makes the furnance operate in single speed? This makes no sense to me? I have 2 other proposals that recommend the xv90 and say it works great with zoning. Now I am really confused?

Maybe his company uses cheep zone controls that don't handle staging of the equipment properly. It doesn't seem like he knows what he is talking about.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I suggest a zone panel that knows what to do with that furnace. The Honeywell TZ4 can be set to stage to high if more than 2/3 of the zones are calling, then it drops to low if less than 1/2 are still calling. That eliminates constant cycling on high limit running on high with only limited airflow. The Zonex 4+2 times to high but if it senses air too warm, throttles back to low rather than contantly cycling on & off.

Some panels are strictly time up to high then when the furnace gets too warm, it turns it off. That's not efficient or good for the furnace.

EWC's UZC line of zone panels will handle the staging, and are superior to Honeywell in my opinion.

What do you like better about EWC? They aren't around here so I have no experience with it. Looks like they have similar staging methods and like the TZ4 can be the dual fuel kit.

EWC damper motors are better than any I have seen, other than Trane's, wich I think could come close to severing a finger if you got it stuck in one.

Honeywells zone controls are a continuation of the controls made by a company they bought, I think it was Trol-a-temp, or Zone-a-Trol, or something like that, wich was actually assosiated or owned by EWC somehow.
    Anyway, the same people were at the root of the design for both products, so that is why the operation and staging is very similar.

EQC uses more rugged electronics. EWC even gives the thumbs up to mounting the zone panels in the attic ON the equipment, 5 year warranty. Best of all, actual engineers that do the design and testing of the products answer the phone when you call tech support.

If you ever need a REALLY great control transformer for a tough application, EWC has the best available too.

thanks mark ... in fact one proposal has the ewc and the other zone a temp and both suggest arzel also.
    so i guess i can tell the other guy he is wrong ... and he's a trane dealer?