Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I still don't understand how or with whom you have this alleged extended warranty. Typically the installing contractor covers the first year of the labor warranty. Your parts warranty from Lennox comes with the furnace regardless of what contractor you're using and regardless of any maintenance schedule you have.

If you have an extended warranty then you'll have a paper that says as much! So what does that paper say?

Last season I paid $90 CDN that covers parts and labour for my G32V....this agreement is with this particular Lennox dealer...one of the service experts . However as I recall I can only get this if I also get an annual inspection.

I thought Ira was my hero, now I know he is! That does it. I am moving to California to work for "High Performance"
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Originally posted by Waxer
    if I also get an annual inspection.

Looks like you might have got an anal inspection.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

That's too funny Steve. I'm just saying what that rational half is thinking.

At the risk of jumping to conclusions Waxer, you don't have an extended warranty. Ninety bucks be they Canadian or American is barely enough to pay the expenses of the tune-up(s). And it wouldn't pay the expenses if they did a real tune-up. For that amount to cover an extended warranty as well would be virtually impossible.

But... I don't actually know. I'm not there.

Good luck.

waxer
    the G32v comes with a 5 years parts warrenti from the factorie. you can also when you purchase it get a five or ten year parts and labor warenti for an extra charge
    we include it in the price of the job but some co. dont and charge extra. this is called complete care warrenti
    now why you have to but a contract through this dealor every year cant say and why you do not have complete care from lenox on your system again cant say but maybe you should look into why

Originally posted by Irascible
    At the risk of jumping to conclusions Waxer, you don't have an extended warranty. Ninety bucks be they Canadian or American is barely enough to pay the expenses of the tune-up(s). And it wouldn't pay the expenses if they did a real tune-up. For that amount to cover an extended warranty as well would be virtually impossible.
    I am looking at my TLC Plus Agreement. I have what is called TLC Plus Tuneups and Warranty coverage. For $250 cdn I get one AC and one Furnace tuneup in one year and 1 year comprehensive parts and labour on the furnace. It looks like the tuneup price subsidizes the warranty cost and also because the furnace is less than 5 years old I guess the warranty need only pay for the labour component.

[Edited by Waxer on 06-04-2005 at 11:05 AM]

That makes a little more sense.

Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    waxer
    the G32v comes with a 5 years parts warrenti from the factorie. you can also when you purchase it get a five or ten year parts and labor warenti for an extra charge
    we include it in the price of the job but some co. dont and charge extra. this is called complete care warrenti
    now why you have to but a contract through this dealor every year cant say and why you do not have complete care from lenox on your system again cant say but maybe you should look into why
    The year to year warranty and PMs is with a dealer who did *not* install the furnace. I was disappointed with the original installation so I went elsewhere for service. The furnace will be 5 years old this winter. What would be my best option in obtaining a longer term warranty without having to pay for PMs? I am north of Toronto? Any recommendations?

Why not just live on the wild side and go without the warranty? Skip every other year of precious contract maintenance and in three years you'll have saved enough to have a brand new blower motor installed. In five years you'll have saved enough to have a new circuit board installed. In seven years you'll have saved enough for just about any repair. And in 9 years if you are lucky enough to not have had any repairs (which happens to many people) you'll have saved enough to take a nice three day weekend trip to some nearby vacation destination.

QUOTE:

Don't you service agreement buyers understand that these companies are sending their top techs on commercial jobs and trouble calls while leaving the rookies to do the grunt pm work. Now think about it. How beneficial can that really be to the consumer?
    ----------------

WHAT IS YOUR ISSUE?! I AM A NEW TECH OF 7 MONTHS. I AM PRETTY DARN GOOD FROM WHAT MY 4 OTHER FELLOW TECHS SAY! I RODE WITH THEM TO CALLS FOR 5 MONTHS. I WON FIRST IN THE STATE OF OHIO HEATING AND AIR COMPETITION THROUGH THE MIAMI VALLEY CAREER TECH CENTER FROM WHICH I JUST GRADUATED! NOW, ALL OF US IN THE COMPANY DO ESA'S (PM) NOT JUST ME. I HAVE CUSTOMERS THAT ASK FOR ME. I THINK THAT THIS SAYS THAT THE YOUNGER GUYS (AND GIRLS AS THE CASE WOULD APPLY) ARE JUST AS DARN GOOD AS THE OLDER ONES!!! ESA'S HELP THE HOMEOWNERS INVESTMENT TO RUN CLEANER AND LONGER. PROBLEMS SUCH AS REFRIGERANT DEFFICIENCIES AND CRACKED FURNACE HEAT EXCHANGERS ARE FOUND. I SAVE MY CUSTOMERS $$$ IN THE LONG RUN AND GIVE THEM PIECE OF MIND. I LOVE MY JOB!! DONT DISS NEW TECHS! YOU WERE ONE AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER!!!

every thing Irascible
    says is true a real maintencance every two years is more then enough as far as i am concerned. to save on it do the furnace one year and the ac the next. if you are willing to do a little extra on your own like change the filter on a regular basis and hose off the condensor coil from time to time you will be solving a lot of later on problems
    as far as warrenti if you had a five year complete care from lemox you can call them and extend it five more years
    if you did not have it then they wont extend it
    the unit is fairly new and should be farly trouble free so every other year an maintenance is fine

Man... those greenhorns... Not only are they incompetent but they're real defensive about it too. LOL!

(Relax hvac41. I'm yanking your chain. Steve has been around the block a few [too many] times. What he says is very true of many, many companies. There are exceptions of course and I don't doubt that you're one of them. I was an exception myself at one time. Now people just take exception to me. But... whaddaya goin' to do? )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast