A/C Install in Cape
    Hello, I just bought a 100 year old Cape. Beautiful home and I would like to install central air. I installed central air unit in my old house, This one only has a crawl space in the roof area the lenght of house and 2 feet high. Is it possible to this? I can run the flex hose to vents in all rooms without any problems. I would like to know if I have any suggestions for this project. I can do most work myself and have a Lic. person come check it out and charge it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Who will do the Manual J,S and D,from ACCA,to get the right size system and ducts?Where will you purchase the equipment?

Originally posted by wrivas
    Hello, I just bought a 100 year old Cape. Beautiful home and I would like to install central air. I installed central air unit in my old house, This one only has a crawl space in the roof area the lenght of house and 2 feet high. Is it possible to this? I can run the flex hose to vents in all rooms without any problems. I would like to know if I have any suggestions for this project. I can do most work myself and have a Lic. person come check it out and charge it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Why someone would put hundreds of thousands of dollars into purchasing a home, but then try to save a grand on installing there own AC is beyond me.

What size equipment are you going to use?

Who will design the duct work?

Would you benefit from a zoned system?

Who will warranty your equipment?

The list goes on and on........

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.

~Albert Camus

I will quote rule #2

"Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted."

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=1241