Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused

I just started my A/C for the first time this year and noticed that the interior lights dim frequently. I have not noticed this before. Also, I was working in the yard and noticed that the heat exchanger kept making a buzzing sound but the fan remained still. Can someone tell me what might be the problem?

Sounds like the condensor is trying to start,but isnt. Have a tech check it out.
    never say never

look at your CAPACITOR..............

All the above, and have an electrician check out your fuse panel. Dimming lights when a load is applied is often a sign of a loose neutral wire. Buzzing noise could also be sign of loose wiring and unit not getting enough voltage on startup.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Buzzing could just be the reversing valve solenoid.if it's a heat pump.Lights dimming,could be due to utilities sizing of the service drop to the home.

Call your installing contractor and ask ,before calling for service.

Originally posted by dash
    Lights dimming,could be due to utilities sizing of the service drop to the home.
    Agreed, and could also be the pole transformer location in retrospect to the location of your home.

If you are at the end of the line, and as years go by they add more load (addition homes and so forth)…pole transformer may need an upgrade.
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Please use the proper terms for system components and subsystems. The outdoor unit is NOT called the condenser. It is called the condensing unit. The condenser is just one of the components of the condensing unit. Please stop using the term freon too. The proper term is refrigerant. Also, Puron is a refrigerant. Stop using the word Puron as well. I will add other words that I find being misused or pronounced as time goes on. Thank you.

Please use the proper terms for system components and subsystems. The outdoor unit is NOT called the condenser. It is called the condensing unit. The condenser is just one of the components of the condensing unit. Please stop using the term freon too. The proper term is refrigerant. Also, Puron is a refrigerant. Stop using the word Puron as well. I will add other words that I find being misused or pronounced as time goes on. Thank you

This is the residential Board: where home owners often come and try to sound like they are contractors so they can get their DIY questions answered:

In order to distinquish the home owners from a person working in this busniess we do not correct their terminology we go along with it. That way they dont realise we are speaking in code

If you were to go to the pros board , I am sure everyone their will apreciate you correcting their terminology and you mite like to correct our spelling also

BTW yes puron is a refrigerant, a brand name for 410A, but if we call it Puron: the spys wont even know what we are talking about

making a buzzing sound but the fan remained still

almost sounds like a bad fan motor --locked rotor?

Originally posted by ct2

If you were to go to the pros board , I am sure everyone their will apreciate you correcting their terminology and you mite like to correct our spelling also

Don't count on the spelling part, he spelled zoning wrong in his profile!
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Originally posted by hvac r us 2
    Originally posted by ct2

Don't count on the spelling part, he spelled zoning wrong in his profile!
    He He ..yesterday I couldn't even spell zoneing expert ...today I are one.

Each time you want the cundoensur (code don't you know) to come on, take a small stick and get the little blade on top started spinning real fast. Note: you may have to stay out there and give it a poke every few minutes to keep it going!

Arrow

nicccccce!. poke it with a stick. have the unit looked at. if the condensoring uunit is making a racket, shut it down!!! it might be self destructing!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast