Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lemme try again:

"Baldy is on the ball Mac. His comment was my question. Namely, does the existing two ton handle the upstairs? Does the existing system deliver 2.0 tons of nominal capacity? If so then you have empirical evidence that you don't need 2.5 tons of nominal cooling capacity."

Better?

Originally posted by Irascible
    Lemme try again:

"Baldy is on the ball Mac. His comment was my question. Namely, does the existing two ton handle the upstairs? Does the existing system deliver 2.0 tons of nominal capacity? If so then you have empirical evidence that you don't need 2.5 tons of nominal cooling capacity."

Better?
    Your failing miserably... IF the new 2 ton doesn't meet with the old units 2 ton rating then he better be thinking about stepping up to a 2.5 ton to get the same cooling capacity...

As the Bald one indicated...

Todays 2 tons sensible rating are unbelievably low compared to the older systems out there...

You goign to removed a 2tonsystem rated at 24,500 Btu and install a new 12 seer, 2 ton with a a rating of 21,400 Btu?

No your going to provie the 2-1/2 ton for a coupel bucks more and get the Btu's up there where they used to be...

All this smoke and magic and side talking jive doesn't satsify the customer.
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Sigh. My "adjusted for AllTemp statement" was pretty simple. I asked if the current system makes him happy. I then asked if the current system delivers a real two tons. If so, I concluded that a real 2.5 tons wasn't needed.

My mistake was use of the word nominal instead of real. But my meaning should have been clear. If you're that desperate to bust my chops over something then I bow to your semantical prowess. Praise be to AllTemp! You've saved us all from my chuckin and jivin.

The bottom line is... I agree with you!!! You dig ziggerboo?
    (That's a rhetorical question spoken in the language of jive. Please don't respond with a redundant third explanation of the potential differences in sensible capacity of old and new equipment. I get it already. Thanks.)

[Edited by Irascible on 06-06-2005 at 05:36 AM]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12