I need a pressure check on a 20+ year old Weathertron GE HeatPump. I am in North Seattle WA.
    Recommendations / references for anyone qualified-industry veteran ?
    Thanks
    Carl

You may find info above on find a contractor. http://hvac.buildcentral.com/search/...orefronts=1Not sure how it works anymore. Then there's always the Yellow Pages. Good luck!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Carl
    I'm in your neighborhood but, honestly, a 20 year old GE heat pump! Come on! I like to keep the old ones going but face the music....it's time to push this one by the side.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Bel-Red is huge on the Eastside but I hear horror stories... I used UMS out of Redmond, they are quite good, even the city inspector said so.

Originally posted by DeltaT
    Carl
    I'm in your neighborhood but, honestly, a 20 year old GE heat pump! Come on! I like to keep the old ones going but face the music....it's time to push this one by the side.
    I cannot bank-roll a new system yet and need to get one more summer of aircond. before I push it aside.
    It's worth spending the money for several pounds of freon as I did last summer. I suspect a leak in the outdoor unit.
    This system (with old oil burner backup)is more like 22 years old...original compressor, relay box,stat etc.
    Amazing !
    Thanks

Someone who might work for you in Shoreline is King's heating.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Thanks DeltaT,
    I had Kings do the pressure test about a month ago and was told they could not reload/charge it - because of questionable leaking.
    My search continues....some must need the $.

talk to Scruit, he has the service personnel you are looking for, this was his last post...

I had some trouble with my A/C last month so I called out an HVAC tech. I told him the unit was not cooling...

What I got in return was 10 minutes of his time and a blow & go for $200 (just a top-up of R22, nothing else) plus a 30 minute sales pitch on why I need to tear out my whole heat and A/C system and replace with with a Carrier Infinity for $10,000, and if I sign today they'll take $75 off. BTW, if mine leaks again than Federal law says I must throw it away - He cannot repair leaks. He made no attempt to look at the rest of the system (ie is the evap plugged with crap... see my other post)

Is it normal practice to check out all components of the system when diagnosing a non-cooling situation, or is it acceptable t fix the first problem you find then leave? I was hoping he'd check and maybe recommend a clean of the evap, but he didn't.

Angry

Gee wizzers ..thanks phosgene. That really helps me

Originally posted by alotawatts
    Gee wizzers ..thanks phosgene. That really helps me
    Look into some SAC financing and stop wasting money on recharging and electricity.
    The power savings usually makes up a good portion of your payment!
    How tall are you Private???!!!!