Have a York ycar0140 chiller with 2 75-ton recip compressors. One compressor has bad internal temperature sensors that are sending signals back to the motor protector module that the motor windings are too hot, thus shutting down the compressor. Customer was "told" the compressor must be replaced since these sensors are accessible or replaceable. All compressor diagnostics check out fine, meg, amps, oil, superheat etc. Is there anyway to bypass sensors with resistor type bypass? Anyone have similar problems.
    An astronaut stuck in space was asked by a reporter, "How do you feel?"
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

"do it right or do it twice"

Are the sensors reading good when the compressor is cold?
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

York Compressor internal windings

Compressor runs intermitted. Sometimes will run for days no problem then trips out until it cools off then on and off it goes. Now keep in mind nothing is wrong with the compressor. Superheat good, temps, pressures, etc. Meg tested ok. I think jumping out these puppies would be great, but I have to find out how they were wired in.
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

phase balance correct to this compressor?

Only problem Ive had like your describing is when youve got a bad discharge valve in the comp. It usualy occurs when the cylinder/s that dont have unloading break a valve. When it runs unloaded it overheats the motor from the blow by. If this is a "J" comp the springs fail about 5000 hrs. If it is a "J" style comp with the helical springs in it Id upgrade to the wafer style valves and springs, there good for 20,000 hrs.

This is one of the few compressors where Ive seen the module and sensors actually due what there supposed too.

Due yourself a favor and pull the heads before you jump it out, its a lot easier than changing out the stator or compressor when it cooks the windings. JMHO
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

if you jump out more tnen 1 sensor you will be in trouble we do not reccomend to put aresistor on more then 1

call york and order a resistor kit and that will solve your problem. you will have no overtemp protection. or you will have to replace compressor but if its in warranty york will tell you to install resistors.

You need a 1500 omh resistor to bypass sensor.

well on something like that i hope the factory is not going to take out more then 1 sensor with this kit and knowingly take the overtemp out have you used the kit

I know the chiller is way oversized and it runs unloaded about 80-90% of the time. Bad design I guess. But from what your saying these sensors can be replaced pretty easily? It would seem to me that if the sensors were on the sator area it would require almost pulling the compressor out to just get at it. Any insight would help. Thanks For the INFO!!!!!