9KW Electric Heat Strip
    Honeywell Vision Pro Progammable Stat

OR

Carrier Infinity Heat Pump - 38YDB024
    Carrier Var. Speed Air Handler - FE4ANF00200
    9 KW Electric Heat Strip - KFCEH2901N09
    Infinity Control - SYSTXCCUID01

Post Likes
    Carrier system, by far. There is no other system out there that compares to the Infinity/Evolution system, when installed correctly.

Post Likes
    The two systems are comparable. I don't know what djken is referring to, but the York is quieter and has interchangeable color panels in seven different colors.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    The two systems are comparable. I don't know what djken is referring to, but the York is quieter and has interchangeable color panels in seven different colors.
    Oh, stop it! LOL

I know that York system, and although it is a fine system...the Carrier Infinity is far superior.

Got to go with djken on this one.

You got me on the colored panel thing though Robo, do they offer pastels and flower print?
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Flower prints ,available in 2006,on 13 SEER !LOL

Post Likes
    The Affinity, available with your favorite school logo on the outdoor unit. Haven't you seen that ad in the trades?

The Infinity control can do more than the Vision Pro, for example tell you CFM, RPM etc, and has more dehumidity control available. But in PA, is that as big of a deal as in dash's humid Florida?

Funny that even York, who owns Bristol, doesn't use their TS comp on their top unit!

I've found that scrolls tend to heat better in cold weather, something that may be of interest in that neck of the woods. I've heard the technical explanation of why that is but don't remember it. The Yorkie also has demand defrost which eliminates hundreds of unnecessary defrosts each winter.

The Yorkie is 15 SEER 8.2 HSPF, the Carrier 14.5 SEER 8.3 HSPF. York's SRN is 7.1, Carrier 7.4.

Post Likes
    Since all York Affinity units come with the champagne colored panels out of the box, I am thinking about collecting all of the champagne ones that are discarded when the other colors or college football logo panels are used. Then, I can paint them any damned color you want and sell them for a premium price. What do ya think?

I'm thinking along the lines of;

Pansy Pink,
    Fire Engine Red,
    Sky Blue,
    Raven Purple etc.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in